Alternative varmint hunting

Elwood

Well with the game shooting season finished just over two weeks ago and sixty acres of Maize and Dwarf Sorghum giving food and shelter to a healthy rat population, I got these guys to help me out.

The Hascombe Rat Hounds, I have never met a more determined and efficient bunch of guys and believe you me no rat is safe and there's no place to hide.

Meet the gang

PICT0001.jpg

Escape is futile

PICT0017-1.jpg

I'm sure there's one in here

PICT0018-1.jpg

Let me have a closer look

PICT0019-1.jpg

The famous rat balancing act

PICT0026.jpg

Get this rat off my hand

PICT0021.jpg

Bottoms up

PICT0041.jpg

He's mine, he's mine, he's mine, he's mine, he's mine, he's mine, he's mine.....

PICT0042.jpg

Hubble bubble toil and trouble

PICT0045.jpg

Over my dead body

PICT0047.jpg

Accidents happen, especially when seperating two scrapping terriers

PICT0039.jpg

The final count, 110

PICT0050.jpg

Hi Elwood

Sounds like great time, there is something very satisfying seeing a dog doing what it breed for & loves doing.

All the pictures except one are showing "moved or deleted" ????? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers Steve

Bugger, I moved them to a different folder which causes the links to crash, I will re do them!

What a great day out you had :rolleyes: .

I have to say that although I love any kind of shooting one of the best day sport I ever had was with some guys with terriers on an estate in Hampshire where my friend was a keeper and we had over a hundred rats.

That is just brilliant sport and it is nice see the dogs working.

Dogfox

Looks like you had a good day. Nice to see the dogs working and it can be all a bit frantic at times.

Nice to see you all wearing gloves nasty thing that Weil's disease. Hope the bloody finger got well disinfected.

Used to shoot on a landfill site and had many a big bag day shooting rats with the 22, excellent sport.

Archived