Quickload data needed

Elwood

I urgently need a drop chart for 120 A max in 6.5, I need to update my Quickload program as it doesn't have the 6.5 120 gr Amax on it, if I give you the necessary data is their anyone out there that crunch the numbers for me and copy and paste it pack to me via PM?

Ian

ive got the latest updates for QL hot from the SHOT show last month, should have this bullet on my system if its part of the updated software.

If you want a drop chart, I will required MV and zero range...

Will head for the main computer and check if its on now.

Checked, the 120A Max isnt on, but I now have 6.5x47 Lapua where I didn't before ;)

I'll see if the update from the Neconos site helps.

Just read TC's reply,

maybe the bullet is too new for QL directory?

Nearest I have on mine is the 129g SST, you could fudge the bullet BC and grain weight to get somewhere near?

Although in field testing is generally the better option ive found..

So no one has the Hornady 120 grain Amax in 6.5 on Quickload, damn.

I did try using the Sierra 120 as a substitute for the Amax on Quickload and my drop chart said with a 200 yard zero I needed to dial in 10 clicks to get me to 300 yards, when I actually tested this I only needed to dial in 6 clicks!

Now I thought there was quite a bit of difference here and so far for me Quickload has been near enough spot on every time, I just wondered if the difference was down to a different bullet configuration.

Archived