Quad bike insurance

Paul Cat

Where do people go for reasonable rates? I've had mine with Bikesure for a few years and while they are okay (none of the nonsense mentioned below) I thought I would ring around for comparisons at this year's renewal.

A new (to me) name in the market is 'Itsaquadbikeinsurance' who one would hope understand what they are dealing with, in this instance a plain old Honda Fourtrax. Not new, not exotic but it does the job. In answer to the question 'Any modifications' I mentioned a top box which caused them to clutch their pearls and refuse to quote because "It's a modification". 🙄

I've asked the NGO if members qualify for discount anywhere and await their reply but the more alternatives the better.

TIA

On 7/28/2020 at 12:02 PM, Private Marker said:

Have you tried NFU? Farmers often have quad bikes and the NFU insure all sorts of stuff. I've got a recovery truck with them and I'm not a farmer! 😁

You'd think so, wouldn't you? They don't though.

That's okay. Someone has suggested that NFU don't like insuring single items/vehisles. It's also obvious from my calls to brokers that underwriters don't like quads but I think that relates to the road type, unfortunately the agricultural ones get tarred with the same brush. The comment about a top box being a modification seems to back that up.

Not to worry, I can just stay with my current insurers.