QuickTARGET

I’m currently trying to work my way through QuickLOAD and QuickTARGET , results are looking very close to range proven data, so very good.

In QuickTARGET I have put in the zero range at 100 yards, (91 m) settings are for English units, but on the printout chart it has the zero range at 99.5 yards (91m).

Any ideas?

Yes, but when you put in 100 yards QickTarget converts it to 91m, just read my post, oops didn’t make that clear.

it should be 91.44 meters, but you cannot manually put in the .44.

I've tested this myself by setting the zero range as 100 yards, the max to 600 yards and the output format to imperial (see below).

Setup.png.418cb6c50bd92bbfa21de6e4861a5b05.png

Upon pressing the 'Apply & Calculate' button, the trajectory data table output data is in imperial units.

Imperial.png.9ec80ca13ef08fd3701aae44c91af876.png

If I set the output format to metric, leaving the input as before, the same table comes out as metric.

Metric.png.f1a5e71d620f8a0b7c5b99c1ebb10626.png

So I guess my question is, are you setting the output format to correct units, or am I misunderstanding your problem?

2 hours ago, BlueBoy69 said:

I've tested this myself by setting the zero range as 100 yards, the max to 600 yards and the output format to imperial (see below).

Setup.png.418cb6c50bd92bbfa21de6e4861a5b05.png

Upon pressing the 'Apply & Calculate' button, the trajectory data table output data is in imperial units.

Imperial.png.9ec80ca13ef08fd3701aae44c91af876.png

If I set the output format to metric, leaving the input as before, the same table comes out as metric.

Metric.png.f1a5e71d620f8a0b7c5b99c1ebb10626.png

So I guess my question is, are you setting the output format to correct units, or am I misunderstanding your problem?

I use QT Unlimited and there are two dialogue boxes that differ from BlueBoy’s.

The table setup window allows input of range increments and maximum distance. The sight-in set up window allows input of gun data, target set up and projectile properties such as G7 data.

The output window is the same as above. The big difference with the target setup is you specify imperial or metric data, not both.

The QT Unlimited is more intuitive and it comes with the Quickload package.

38 minutes ago, Brillo said:

I use QT Unlimited and there are two dialogue boxes that differ from BlueBoy’s.

The table setup window allows input of range increments and maximum distance. The sight-in set up window allows input of gun data, target set up and projectile properties such as G7 data.

The output window is the same as above. The big difference with the target setup is you specify imperial or metric data, not both.

The QT Unlimited is more intuitive and it comes with the Quickload package.

QuickLOAD should come with both Quick Target and Quick Target Unlimited. I've only pasted in Quick Target results as that was what Jon B said he was using?

I can do the same with Quick Target Unlimited if he wants, but his problem was with Quick Target, so there wouldn't seem much point in doing so?

Also Quick Target Unlimited has a crazy amount of data you can pump in. Not as bad as some 6-DOF (degrees of freedom) models I've used as it's only 3-DOF, but still a lot of data. I'd advise someone just starting out to use Quick Target first, unless they are more technically minded.

3 hours ago, BlueBoy69 said:

How do you "set the output format" ?

2 minutes ago, miki said:

How do you "set the output format" ? 

Unless you've just opened the program, first click on the 'QuickTARGET Table Setup' sub-window (I'm not sure what the correct term is?).

Then go to the menu bar at the top and click on 'Options'.

Pan down until you get to the field titled 'set units of output to'. This will then open up a sub-menu that allows you to set the output units you want, either Engish (Imperial) or Metric.

See image below.

image.png.577da61f320fd254276b0ee11fa1308c.png

Oh, when you print it! I rarely do that, just copy and paste the window.

But yes, that is weird?

If you put in other figures, even 101 yards, it seems to be fine?

Some form of bug I guess? You could try feeding it back to the developer, or reseller.

On 4/23/2020 at 11:19 AM, BlueBoy69 said:

QuickLOAD should come with both Quick Target and Quick Target Unlimited. I've only pasted in Quick Target results as that was what Jon B said he was using?

I can do the same with Quick Target Unlimited if he wants, but his problem was with Quick Target, so there wouldn't seem much point in doing so?

Also Quick Target Unlimited has a crazy amount of data you can pump in. Not as bad as some 6-DOF (degrees of freedom) models I've used as it's only 3-DOF, but still a lot of data. I'd advise someone just starting out to use Quick Target first, unless they are more technically minded.

Yes, the software package includes both QuickTarget (QT) and QT Unlimited. I’m not sure what is unlimited about the Unlimited version though.

When I first installed Quickload, when V3.8 came out. I first used the QT Unlimited because I assumed the other was restricted in some way, so why install it?

Later, out of curiosity, I tried out the standard one and I found it less intuitive than the Unlimited. The only weird thing about Unlimited is you need to set the wind speed in both dialogue boxes for the data to be recognised.