VFG and other felt wad cleaning solutions

Lukas_K

I´m really liking the VFG "jag" that lets you use the felts with a conventional rod. Does wonders on my 6mm.

Question: has anybody experimented with a DIY solution for the felts themselves? VFG ones are expensive and I have to order from abroad which makes it even worse. However I imagine these may be a "repurposed" product from another industry as it´s hard to believe any high-volume textile production would make such niche-specific product with no other use... similar as with the "gun oils". Anybody wiser on that?

OK for the white felts, but what about the "Extreme" felts with the brass wires? And is the  white VFG stuff just felt, or is it something special?

They only list two sizes, 6mm and 8mm that would be relevant, and they're "medium" hardness.

Pete

5 hours ago, Re-Pete said:

OK for the white felts, but what about the "Extreme" felts with the brass wires? And is the  white VFG stuff just felt, or is it something special?

They only list two sizes, 6mm and 8mm that would be relevant, and they're "medium" hardness.

Pete

They have a "request sample" option on their website

That has to be worth a punt

Polishing wheels, that´s it 😄 

I see, 6mm and 8mm. I use original VFG 6,5mm for both 6,5 and 6 bores, so the 8mm size may work just as well for 30&338 calibers alike. I´ll see if I can get anything in bulk locally.

We stock a significant amount of VFG products. Standard and Intensive felts in .22/6mm/6.5/7/7.5mm. The .22 being in 80pk and everything else in 50pk.

We got several of the bulk packs in .22/7.5 just to see how they sold. Slowly, unfortunately.

We sell a fair amount of the basic packs. We can get the larger bulk packs, if the importer has them in stock.

Adapter 'wise there's either the US or UK thread adapters available in .22-6.5 or 7mm-.45.