I dont fancy reloading like this?

nemasis243

Guest northernchris

I had one of them years ago when i got my 1st "big rifle" (.222) you may all take the piss but you would have lost count how many Roe and Foxs that little Bruno shot useing ammo put together with the Lee loader.All the same design idea as Wilson.

Some of you might know Robin (hares ear) from the BBS? I'm not sure if he's a member here or not, step forward Robin if you are.

Anyway, Robin uses one of these with great effect, he shot something like a 12mm 5 shot group out of a standard Rem 700 in .243 at 100 yards in front of twenty plus people at Minsterely.

I spent hundreds of pounds on equipment to get groups like that and he does it with a bloody hammer :rolleyes:

Shock horror but it works.

Just goes to show where theres a will theres a way do we need all these fancy presses etc?

Don't fancy that method myself but made me laugh.

Nothing wrong with the lee loder at all, my reloading hobbie started with one of them, back when i had my 22-250 tikka T3 once id found my load it normally shot about a half inch group and the occasional flier. I later realised when i really got into reloading and baught a redding big boss that the lee loader didnt give accurate seating depths :lol: ... No wonder i had the occasional flier.

However that little peice of kit accounted for alot of fox killing bullets!

I dont fancy wacking in primers with a hammer though.

This is better and takes std dies so Nic can do his 375h&H.........

http://www.leeprecision.com/cgi/catalog/br...g/rlpress1.html

The hand press at the bottom is cheap as chips and I wish I hadnt sold mine.

Redfox

got one redfox and i would not sell mine, i seat quite a few bullets at the bench with this little press.

i think i paid £20 for it and it was worth every penny

ATB

Colin ;)

Archived