Decisions..... decisions!

So, you decide you’ll buy a moderator. Next, as you want to buy British, the obvious choice seems to be Wildcat.

Now the tricky bit, which one?

6.5 Creedmoor, offers the Predator 8, 12 or Evolution as choices, the very friendly people at Wildcat recommendation is the 12 but I think they’re bound to say that as the most expensive.

Could be of course that the 12 is the best for the job, but just wondering what others on this Forum think, I can be persuaded at this point, so as the exam questions state.... discuss.

I use a wildcat Evo on my tikka 6.5 CM and I love it , hard as nails . 

Dont get as hot as ANY of my other mods and works on multiple calibres just by changing the defuser ( £60 ) 

out of all the CF mods I have the wildcat Evo is  the only one I would replace . 

Its not as quiet as my Stallone’s but it’s NOT far behind and as you know a sound moderator is only as good or bad as the environment your shooting in . 

I have a wildcat predator 12.I dont have an evo but know plenty of people who have.The p12 is far too big and cumbersome in my opinion.Its my least favourite mod tbh.If you insist on a wildcat get the evo.

Cheers guys. Must admit I’m tending towards the Evolution at this stage, seems to offer the best compromise and yes, the ability to swap between rifles for just £60ish is a good selling point. That’s true of all their models though I believe.

I’ll be forking out at the weekend so it’ll be interesting to see if there’s any more feedback on this thread before then.

I have a Calibre Innovations OVB on my 6.5CM.  It's 635 grammes, £400 and beautifully engineered.  It suppresses very very well (was on my .308 previously).  I have a Wildcat Evo my .223.  It is a great piece of kit for suppression, engineering and strippability.  Personally, I think Wildcat are great value and Alison Green there is a STAR when it comes to advice and sublime customer service.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:10 PM, SMLE said:

Cheers guys. Must admit I’m tending towards the Evolution at this stage, seems to offer the best compromise and yes, the ability to swap between rifles for just £60ish is a good selling point. That’s true of all their models though I believe.

I’ll be forking out at the weekend so it’ll be interesting to see if there’s any more feedback on this thread before then.

I was shooting beside a chap recently who was using the Evolution on a .223.  I couldn't believe how quiet it was and while it couldn't, it 'seemed' to even reduce/stop the sonic crack.

I use a pred 8 with the .270 ( blue ) defuser on a 6.5 creedmoor 

my mate has a pred 8 with a 30 cal defuser on his creedmoor & another guy we shoot with has a pred 12 on his creed with the .270 defuser.

in terms of volume db, the 30 cal defuser sounds like an artillery peice, but there is not much of a great difference between the pred 8 or 12 with the .270 in.

Thanks again everyone. Alison at Wildcat was very helpful, as a few people have mentioned, they seem a decent company to me, together with input from above I think I’m going to opt for the evolution. It seems to sit between the 8 and 12 so possibly the obvious compromise.

If anyone needs a muzzle brake, I’ll probably be putting mine up for sale at the weekend, it’s a - brake, very good but I’m fed up with people moaning about the noise. Let me know if you fancy it.

Archived