am I missing something or has someone got it completely wrong?????????

craigyboy

Saw this video youtube on you tube and have to admit in all the grey crows I shoot young and old I have never ever seen one that looks like this, am I missing something or has he got it completely wrong? Looks more like a thrush or something to me (though maybe a little big) in another one of his videos he shoots a rook and a jackdaw, he points at the rooks beak and comments on how they hoke out lambs eyes, I personally have never known rooks to do this ever at all, they prefer rubbish from bins, fresh cut silage and fresh sown fields up here!!! Youtube seems to have a mountain of very ill informed people with guns posting videos, starting to get a big outta hand, surely this is illegal in whatever country there doing it

youtube

martin these asses are really doing no good for the sport at all with these videos, I watched few others there of other people and too many of them are incriminating in some way or at least the people come across like asshles. In fairness there are plenty of good videos from responsible shooters, but for every good video there seem to be 5 bad ones of some asshole shooting gas tanks with a 17hmr or shooting a proteceted species of some sort.

Certainly not a greycrow. Shot enough of the buggers to know what they look like.

Agree with you Craigy on YouTube, there are some good vids, but by God there an awful lot of videos which show shooting as well as other things in such a bad light as to be beyond belief.

Not as if you could even nearly mistake that bird for any kind of Crow even taking into account the video contributers claims that "it's really dark now", it could be pitch black out there and that still ain't a Crow!!!

If the fading light made species identification difficult, you surely don't just shoot then try and convince you're self and others it's what you wanted it to be? :blink:

"It's a Fox officer!" "Then whys it got a white woolly coat?" "Cause it's a woolly coated white Fox officer"....... :unsure:

Not as if you could even nearly mistake that bird for any kind of Crow even taking into account the video contributers claims that "it's really dark now", it could be pitch black out there and that still ain't a Crow!!!

If the fading light made species identification difficult, you surely don't just shoot then try and convince you're self and others it's what you wanted it to be? :blink:

"It's a Fox officer!" "Then whys it got a white woolly coat?" "Cause it's a woolly coated white Fox officer"....... :unsure:

SHAMEFUL! PURE IGNORANCE!

I wonder if this clown can be identified and his name passed to the appropriate people to initiate a prosecution. He'd lose his FAC and be heavily fined and good enough for him too , the ratbag. The shooting world doesn't need the likes of him.

Peter

Shaun in WEXFORD,,,,

You tube are pretty good at providing IP details to the cops - theyve done it a few times that I know of for motoring cases, no reason why they shouldnt or wouldnt in this case.

Ignorance is no defence - "Irish Grey Crow" my arse its a bloody fieldfare...

Unbelieveable :unsure:

Shaun in WEXFORD,,,,

You tube are pretty good at providing IP details to the cops - theyve done it a few times that I know of for motoring cases, no reason why they shouldnt or wouldnt in this case.

Ignorance is no defence - "Irish Grey Crow" my arse its a bloody fieldfare...

Unbelieveable :unsure:

Anyone that cannot tell the difference between the Crow and the Thrush family should not have a gun.

The man is a moron

Bang on the money there Martin :unsure:

This how all of us get SH*T from the rest of the anti crowd when they Idiots like this ,

Surely this can be tracked and the person who posted it , prosocuted :blink:

I have left him plenty of messages saying hes a prat and that he should buy a bird book before he starts shooting but he just keeps deleting them, needs taught a lesson this guy.

Had a look at the link and I agree,is definetly not a young grey crow.Looks like a song thrush to me.I do agree that that the person in question needs to have a lesson in quarry identification and some form of reaction/fine for this stunt(after all he was stupid enough to video it!)Can't believe the amount of unserious hunting videos that I have seen on youtube(usually accompanied by neandarthal comments like great shot,way to go,great kill etc)Can't be good for the shooting community on the whole to be "represented" by idiots like this on the web.Perhaps the way forward is that youtube only accept shooting videos of inanimate objects ie targets etc.Just for the record, i dont have any problem with watching hunting videos,just so long as the people involved are serious,safe and humane.-Toby

Archived