Autumn Equinox 2018 Roundhouse Rifle Challenge - Saturday 22nd & Sunday 23rd September

Tiff

Sorry it has been a while since I've posted on here and thought it was probably time to mention The Roundhouse still exists...

In preparation for the short range precision element of this event, a considerable number of barricades and other fixtures have been produced.  They were unveiled at the Introductory Summer RRC last month, which can be viewed via this link:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/roundhousefirearmstraining/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2211089795841865&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARAoRwPp_dZfrWsXo0CST1tFUzj_S9khoQrJ1T4CftPGwMavdFiyyzIgoCywh4JPv-7DVh_qjUu0C2uSvFWmS564_Ugfb1fM93ab-lmG0RTIluUD0fkIMRYawPxVs9s25fnhVeo_MxTt&__tn__=-UC-R

(N.B. A website is being rapidly created, but in the meantime you should be able to view this link regardless of whether you have a Facebook account or not. You do not need to sign up to view).  I'll look into a better image hosting website to link to for this forum.  

Also may I humbly request you please share with other shooters at your clubs etc that these shoots occur and have been for the best part of a decade now.  There still seems to be a significant proportion of the UK shooting population that believe PRS type shooting isn’t really available in the UK. Equally for those of you that haven’t attend in a couple of years or so, The Roundhouse as a venue has continued to evolve in both infrastructure and format, so is well worth a revisit!

Hopefully see you on the range soon and onto the shoot description below: 

This RRC is open to thirty two shooters, ideally (but by no means essentially) entering as precomposed pairs. Individual entries squadding will be done in advance and you will be notified of your partner via email, to help with team preparation.  

The Autumn Equinox 2018 RRC schedule is: 

• Friday 21st September: 15:00 - 18:00 Optional 100m Zeroing 
  • Saturday 22nd September: 08:00 - 18:00 Short Range Precision (SRP) RRC
  • Sunday 23rd September: 08:00 - 15:00 Long Range Precision (LRP) RRC

The SRP RRC targets will be between 100m - 900m and require one hundred rounds of suitable ammunition.   The day will include steel safaris, barricades and multiple positional stages. 

The LRP RRC targets will be between 400m - 1,300m and require sixty rounds of suitable ammunition.  The day will include shorter steel safaris, with all firing from the prone / modified prone position only.  

A different rifle may be used for each day.

Entry fees are: 

• £150 per individual for SRP & LRP RRC
  • £100 per individual for SRP RRC only. 
  • £60 per individual for LRP RRC only.

Limited bunkhouse accommodation is available for £10 per night and unlimited camping at £5 per night. Full kitchen and wash facilities etc on site, with a barbecue Friday and Saturday evenings to cook on (please bring own food).   

Your place is not secured until funds are received - All RRC events run on a first come, first served policy that is strictly adhered to.  The event is currently 60% full.

To secure your place and/or be added to the mailing list, please contact: roundhousefirearms@gmail.com

I look forward to seeing you there,

Tiff 

I have done several of these and you would not believe how much fun and good shooting is involved unless you try.

Tiff puts incredible energy and ingenuity into these shoots... expect to be enjoyably exhausted by days end!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, ruger7717 said:

Did you make it Ben?

Sadly not- D&V started Fri, finished sat pm.   Thank God it didn't start once I was down there.

Archived