Tikka and KRG X-Ray chassis

ronzi83

Hello to everyone, 

I would like to ask you if anyone here is using krg X-Ray and tikka t3x. I have bought krg but I have bit problem on cleaning it with rod. It will bump in buttpad. Also can someone give me advice on how to set right height of buttpad. Does it need to be low or height as possible? 

Regards 

You should set the height to your body's conformation, not so that the rifle can be cleaned easier.  If you happen to need the the butt pad higher than most, you may consider ordering the tool less adjustable butt pad assembly from KRG.  Makes moving it out of the way, and back again, much easier.

I have the recoil pad on my X-Ray all the way up (thus it obscures the bore) - setting the height is really down to preference, whatever is comfortable for your shooting position.

When cleaning I simply take the recoil pad and spacers off and rotate the mounting plate out of the way when I clean, only 4 screws and just takes a minute or two.

Suggestion 

Drill suitable sized hole at bore height in recoil pad and adjustment fixture to allow a rod and jag to pass through without needing the pad to be removed.

Archived