kroil & shooters choice users

Hi guys

you guys that use this mix it dont you?

do you need to remove it with something before firing as its a oil isint it?

i normally use tetra gun cleaner but im getting some carbon left on the muzzle thats not coming off so the same must be happening in the bore too!

i just dont like the idea of oi left in the bore!

l

cheers Andy

Guest varmartin

I use Kroil and shooters choice too. But mix kroil with Butches bore shine.

what ever i clean carbon and copper out with i always patch out with carb cleaner before firing a round..

If its left in the safe for a while i leave a bit of kroil in the bore.

Just out of interest, has anyone bought any recently? we got a can from midway, and it wasn,t Kroil, it was a very light oil, like for clocks, sewing machines etc, and midway are no longer listing the proper stuff.

Just out of interest, has anyone bought any recently? we got a can from midway, and it wasn,t Kroil, it was a very light oil, like for clocks, sewing machines etc, and midway are no longer listing the proper stuff.

Hi Dave

My last can of Kroil came from Reloading Solutions, but this was approx. 6 months ago but presume they still offer it !!! :( Hope this helps.

Cheers Steve

• 1 month later...

bit of delay on actualy getting some other solvents to try & after a couple of hours of running kroil /shooters choice back and forth & it not even scrathing the carbon on the crown!

also after all the kroil & shooters choice kept coming out clean I thought id try a run thru of my normal tetra & I got a dirty patch out!

looks like the tetra has the edge anyhows!

doh!;-(

as an update i just did the same to my 204R howa same result ie it seemed clean & i ran a patch of tetra thru it again & had traces on the patch again!

also tried the solvents on a 2p piece & the kroil & SC didnt hardly do anything but the tetra cleaned it right up in no time!

cheers Andy

How about Wipeout ?. A bit messy to use but usually after a soaking clears carbon and copper OK.

This Carb Cleaner people here and elsewhere use, can someone give me a brand name and supplier please.

A

How about Wipeout ?. A bit messy to use but usually after a soaking clears carbon and copper OK.

This Carb Cleaner people here and elsewhere use, can someone give me a brand name and supplier please.

A

ive used meths wich worked fine!;-)

Andy

• 5 weeks later...

kroil is only good for carbon ..let it soak for five then patch out 3 times with kroil on the patch .then scrub with kroil then patch out dry ,then use sweets on a nylon brush as it will eat the copper brush one away, let it work for 10 mins max ,then patch dry .then use a carb cleaner ect to remover the last of it .then a light oil wd40 ect then patch dry ...then you can shoot it then do it all over again :blush: works for me :D use JB PASTE it really is good stuff puts a nice shine down your barrel ,helps in keeping it clean after useing this iv found that its a lot easyèr to clean after 083065002.jpg

try some mpro7 I havent seen anything that lifts carbon like it.

Hi Chaps,

with the risk of becoming repetitious, I have found nothing more effective on carbon (and copper for that matter) than KG1 and KG12 respectively. I had run a test sometime ago and I think it is still available on the site, a search will find it. In there I have had the patches that came clean after MPro7 cleaning and repeated the same process with KG1 (without shooting the gun!) and got a black patch.

Here's the picture. The first two rows is MPro7 the rest is KG1. Draw your own conclusions...

best wishes to all for a Happy New Year!

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg303/F...leaningExp1.jpg

Finman

Archived