Remmy sps tactical

Toots

Thinking of trading my steyr pro hunter in for a Remmy 700 SPS Tactical (.223). Am looking for opinions on this rifle, using for vermin and foxy. Don't have anything against the steyr really but have a .243 remmy already and love the simplicity of it. What I am unsure of is the accuracy offerd by a 20" barrel. I am sadly not in the financial bracket to afford a custom job, but it would be a good platform for a future project I suppose.

As you said, an informative read. Will have to track one down to have a look at before comitting, but I feel a variation coming on :o . Am keen to see if enough barrel extends beyond the stock to fit my moddy on.

Hi Toots,

i read the report as well and think the concept behind the short barrel and rubber stock is really well suited to an easy handling varmint rifle.

Equipped with a compact over barrel mod, good optics, a trigger job or replacement and feed it good handloads it will be an ideal 300yd rifle.

Ian.

Toots, the hogue stock fitted to it, is the cheaper pillar bedded one, and not the one with the full length bedding block. They suffer from the same problem as the steyr....the forend flexes on a bipod....not worth a chow on the rag mans trumpet.We used to sell both stocks, and dropped the cheaper one after numerous complaints.

Nothing wrong with the gun...its just the stock. 20" is plenty for a .223.

I'd seriously looked at one of these before NorthernChris started tempting me with expensive toys.

I agree with Dave on the Hogue stock forend although I know nothing about Ragmen's trumpets :lol:

My plan was to pour epoxy resin in to the forend between the webs to stiffen it up until I could find an HS Precision takeoff from a PSS - £75 to £100 seemed to be the price at the time.

TC

Archived