What watch would you buy with a £500 budget ?

Tikka4Sika

With Rolex values climbing I thinking of not wearing mine for work (£7k to replace it) so I`, thinking of buying a "work" watch , work is often outdoors with the potential for knocks and submersion in water , what would you buy if you only had £500 to spend ?

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/premium-line/ocean-one-premium-blau.html

I believe the movement is made in the same factory as the Omegas. Why, well when Michael Portillo was doing his railway journeys he visited the Omega factory and they let him try and assemble part of a movement. The white coat he and the factory employee was wearing had an Omega emblem on one side and ETA on the other side.

They do a slight less blingy version for about £380

I'm often in two minds about this. I've got a Sub which I wear daily for work. A lot of people comment why wear a nice watch to work, and the possibility of getting damaged? I would rather wear a nice watch all the time and get the pleasure and enjoyment from it. I don't see the point of owning a nice watch to spend it's life in a box for special occasions.

I once cracked the glass face, but the actual part price was only around £100 on top of the service cost, which was due anyway. Daily wear causes it always to be covered in micro scratches, but as I'm sure you're aware it comes back like new after a service so who cares?

If you like it, keep wearing it. If you damage it, you won't cause £7k worth of damage that's for sure. Parts costs aren't too bad, you just have to swallow the service cost too.

That said, I do wear a Casio G-Shock MTG when I know it will really get a hammering. Radio controlled, solar powered, bomb proof, Anloge & digital, metal strap etc. I do miss the Rolex when I wear it though.

Archived