look what santa has sent me for being a good boy

col48

well Santa came to my door today bearing gifts, I was not expecting this coming so soon but hear she is,all done and ready to impress me.

P1010223.jpg

P1010224.jpg

P1010225.jpg

P1010227.jpg

P1010226.jpg

Well I'm over the moon with how she has turned out, a bit of specks for you

Sako 75 Sm action

Lothar walther super match grade 1 in 10 twist barrel .270 wsm

MC sako stock

pillar bedded

darrell holland muzzle brake

leupold 6.5-20x50 varmint hunter ret

fluted bolt

badger bolt knob

i think this is going to be my new stalking rig,(or i may sell her,not made up my mind yet) i am thinking of selling my nesika and using this one for the time being.

i can not wait till i can get out to put some down her,and i shall be loading some up tonight,all the cases are prepped and ready to go.

O happy days :lol:

ATB

Colin ;)

She looks a beauty mate!!!! :lol:;)

Go and enjoy yourself with her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

All the best....................

RAY................................. :D;)

Looks a beauty, nice one :lol: will you use the brake while stalking or swap it for a moddy?

Best rgds

B-b

Hi BB

i have had the brake for what must be 3 years and i have not used the brake in the field(well out on deer) and i thought i would give her a go. we will see what happens when i go to the range.

i like using a mod on my rifles,and have been known to say i would not use a rifle with out one,but i have tried to keep the weight down on this rifle,so i'm going to give the muzzle brake a go,

i will be out today if i can get out,and if not defiantly out tomorrow,if all goes to plan i may have a set of them molded in ear plugs made with the electronic thingy in.

ATB

Colin ;)

Hi BB

i have had the brake for what must be 3 years and i have not used the brake in the field(well out on deer) and i thought i would give her a go. we will see what happens when i go to the range.

i like using a mod on my rifles,and have been known to say i would not use a rifle with out one,but i have tried to keep the weight down on this rifle,so i'm going to give the muzzle brake a go,

i will be out today if i can get out,and if not defiantly out tomorrow,if all goes to plan i may have a set of them molded in ear plugs made with the electronic thingy in.

ATB

Colin :lol:

Col you will deffinately need the electronic molded ear plugs...! ;)

Hi BB

ATB

Colin :lol:

Col you will deffinately need the electronic molded ear plugs...! ;)

Hi Col

I went with the electronic ear plugs for stalking for a while, because like you I wanted to keep the weight down and not loose the balance in the rifle, but I went to a moddy in the end because I was fed up with having old deaf gundogs (got two of the buggers). Only time will tell if the moddy will stop the latest one from going deaf.

The thing is with a moddy on it would spoil the clean lines of that nice looking rifle. :P

All the best

B-b

Great looking rifle. I am off to hospital next week to have my two hearing aids fitted! Seriously, I do put the damage down to years of stalking with un-moderated rifles, mainly a .270 win and a muzzle braked .300 win mag. My hearing has been damaged in certain wavebands and it makes converstaion in busy environments virtually impossible. As for the dog, I have found that her hearing is also damaged in strange ways for example she can hear a biscuit wrapper being opened at half a mile but needs to be told five times to sit/heel/go on her bed etc! JC

Very nice that Col....i think "tasteful" sums it up.

You will be surprised by the holland brake. They are probarbly the quietest of their type, by that i mean the large open ported side vented ones. They are ultra efficient, and dont seem to crack like a benny cooley etc. I have one on my .223 speedmaster, and to be honest, it hardly seems any louder, but they reduce the recoil very well.

Col, i use standard foam ear plugs when i am firing my braked 22-250 Ackley out in the field but at the range where i am enclosed on three sides and a roof something a bit more substantial is needed.

Ian.

sorry Ian i can not talk yet,as i am still getting over the shock of buying a set of electronic ear plugs at the game fair.

o and i brought a new mod as well. B)

i think i forgot to take my medicine :wub::P

ATB

Colin :D

Archived