Centrefire ranges near Chippenham

onehole

Hi ,,,,my son has moved to Chippenham area ,,,,anyone know of any ranges/clubs in that area,,,,we know of the small bore club in Chippeham which may be of some interest to him but also looking for fullbore location,,,,,thanks,,,,,,O

Severnside just over bridge....only 100 / 200 yards though.

IR2 at Warminster via FCSA and Offas Dyke

Bulford ranges not too far away via Wessex rifles

OH

As per the two suggestions FDPC &/or FCSA would get him a whole lot of shooting possibilities, range time etc.

I'm in the process of relocating to the same area (ish) and after doing the research came up with these two.

T

Don't forget Dauntsey Guns have their own 100yd range too (they are located by Dauntsey Lock in Wltshire). You need an open ticket to use it, it can be booked in advance, is ideal for load development and zeroing and is reasonably priced. In your shoes, that's where I'd go.

Severnside operates a few clubs and you have (I think) to be a club member to shoot there. Richard, the owner, is a decent bloke to deal with and allows shooting there during the week as well as use by clubs at weekends. However, one of the clubs, DRPC, is "dead man's shoes" at present and you can only get shooting with them as a guest at present.

Your other option is to see if you can get an invite to join Offa's Dyke club who shoot the military ranges, including some in South Wales and Wiltshire. See their website for details.

There is Paul at Corinium, but these days, you need deep pockets to shoot there.

Join FCSA and you can shoot at Offas Dyke shoots a s well, as said that gives you access to Warminster, Salisbury plain and Sennybridge military ranges, between the two clubs there is something going on most weekends

Bristol Muzzleloaders for me: Severnside, Rogiet Moor, Yate, Yoxter and occasionally Bisley. There's also the Corinium Rifle Range, a private range between Malmesbury and Kemble, but I've not tried it myself.

I'm sure he's already found it, but we also have a good gunshop at Dauntsey Guns.

Archived