Stag 1933 Update

Ratwhiskers

Following my jolt back to life last night (cheers Colin 4 the heads up mate,been off line 4 a few days) I've dug around and found that HWH is in Newcastle R V I on Ward 20

They've waiting for some results to say that they can take the old devil down to theatre (now showing the new Batman movie) to fix his hand (left btw)

I've sent regards and wishes on, but will try to contact him as soon as I can get through to the ward.

I can bet those city crows are driving him bldy nuts if he's got a window seat :D

Send my regards.

My grandad did a similar thing when he was 17. Big saw bench, blade hit a knot and the left index finger was off. Damaged the 2nd finger and thumb but these repaired.

Only difference it made to him was he uses a fork for eating that has what looks like a wooden file handle on to improve grip. He got out of going to war due to not being able to shoot left handed if he needed to (no trigger finger).

Forgot to add, mate at work his dad did the same and wasn't too fussed until his wife in a flap hit the gatepost on the way out of the drive :D

Seems this is quite a common thing!

Just spoken to the Ward Sister, and he's due to go to theatre at any time. I've passed on all your regards and i'll stay in touch with them and keep everyone informed as to his progress.

R.

Thanks for that buddy!!!!! :):lol:

As with the others here , please send on our best wishes...............

All the very best..............

RAY........................................ :D;)

HI GUYS.

Thank you all for your good wishes, back home again this afternoon minus most of my left hand trigger finger but being right handed it is not too bad.

The Carrions will get a rest for a while and then I will be back out and blow off their bums with my V.Max load.

I will probably cancel my Wicklow trip hunting Sika this season as I have to go back for check-ups etc. to hosp.

It could have been much, much worse, my Swedish hunting pal lost all fingers and half a thumb in an accident with a wood chopping machine.

Thanks again, HWH.

Following my jolt back to life last night (cheers Colin 4 the heads up mate,been off line 4 a few days) I've dug around and found that HWH is in Newcastle R V I on Ward 20

They've waiting for some results to say that they can take the old devil down to theatre (now showing the new Batman movie) to fix his hand (left btw)

I've sent regards and wishes on, but will try to contact him as soon as I can get through to the ward.

I can bet those city crows are driving him bldy nuts if he's got a window seat :)

that which promotes growth and vigour what have I missed out on??? somebody fill me in with some details??????????

Nice to hear your sorted stag. :lol:

As I said earlier my grandad lost all of the same finger and he manages ok. You might struggle with a fork for eating but see above post.

Cracking pic, get well soon.

Heres one I took near Penrith

IMG_0193.jpg

I used to go to the Rothimurchus Estate on holiday every year when I was a kid. A red used to run up and down the big fir tree infront of the cottage. It was found at the bottom of the tree and was stuffed and mounted for prosterity by the owners of the cottage. Same place I first watched deer at 4 years old. I always remember stumbling accross a kid with my old man. we boxed round and left it alone for fear of frightening mum off; good times.

Dave

Thanks guys.

All is going well here, now using my left thumb for typing instead of the missing digit.

I have cancelled my annual excursion to Wicklow, Eire, hunting Sika as I will be back to hospital for check-ups around then.

I am having no problem driving my motor so the Carrions are in for a hard time in the near future.

HWH.

Archived