Moderator Cleaning

Maybe this has been asked previously , if so, I cant find it covered in the many debates about moderators.

I have a strippable moderator for the 6.5x55, and the manufacturers recommends cleaning after 200 rounds fired.

I do not have access to an an ultrasonic cleaner , which was the first recommendation, so what do you Guys suggest to get the carbon and general grunge out of the can and off the baffles ?

All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

T260

Maybe this has been asked previously , if so, I cant find it covered in the many debates about moderators.

I have a strippable moderator for the 6.5x55, and the manufacturers recommends cleaning after 200 rounds fired.

I do not have access to an an ultrasonic cleaner , which was the first recommendation, so what do you Guys suggest to get the carbon and general grunge out of the can and off the baffles ?

All suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

T260

hi T260

i believe you have an A-TEC if this is the mod you are talking about, then follow the manufacturer's recommendations, i believe they should come with them.

if you follow the manufacturers instructions to the letter then he can not blame you if anything happens prematurely to the mod.

ATB

Colin :angry:

Use carbon cleaner and a old toothbrush on mine - but less frequently than 200 rounds - probably once a year.

Dishwashers work well - but dont tell the mrs :angry:

Archived