Alternatives to 178gr Amax

TJC

Wish Nosler made a 7mm RDF...

Give them time. I'm guessing that the sales of Custom Competitions are going to flatten out. One PRS shooter friend of mine who has used the 6.5 Custom Comps exclusively over the last year (and had 2K+ of them on his reloading room shelf when I saw him last month) ordered 1 or 2K of the RDF's and advised me to do the same. They are being well received, and, as someone stated earlier, the BC's Nosler has published are proving to be slightly conservative. I am praying that the sub zero and 25mph windy weather we have been plagued with quits tonight as predicted. It is supposed to be +25 F tomorrow and if so, I will be out for a brief test of the 224x70 grain at least. The 6.5 and 308 will need to be shot at longer ranges to tell their worth.~Andrew

I've just started using the Berger 215 Hybrid in my win mag. I'm using N165 and N560 at the moment but H1000 seems to be the go to powder for this bullet and hope to get hold of a pound this week. With a .696 bc it bodes well to make the most out of this cartridge. Berger are also saying that you get higher velocities from the shorter bearing surface of the Hybrid over the vld, although I think this is fairly well known.

I am praying that the sub zero and 25mph windy weather we have been plagued with quits tonight as predicted. It is supposed to be +25 F tomorrow and if so, I will be out for a brief test of the 224x70 grain at least. The 6.5 and 308 will need to be shot at longer ranges to tell their worth.~Andrew

Well. That didn't work out. I worked so late that when I got out it was dusk, +11F with blowing snow. Another day for a test, I guess.

~Andrew

Archived