New Rifle

After reading this site for two years, speaking to Baldie and other members i have finally spent some brass. I have bought the remmy vsf for sale on guntrader to start my varminting/foxing/roe project rifle. Left hand .22/250 remmy vsf, jewel trigger,badger bolt, t8 mod, warne rings and bases. mint condition- £800. The plan is get a feel for the rifle, shoot the barrel out then send the rifle to Baldie for a calibre change and the action trued and bedded.

Now to decide on a suitable scope, whats your recommendations, must be light weight, side focus, plenty of magnification, a keeper.

What brands of factory ammo do remmys favour to save wasting money till i can get up and running with home loads.

Thanks for your advice in the past- will post pics soon.

You need to specify a price/budget for people to best assist on the scope.

Regarding ammunition buy a box of each available easily and see which your rifle prefers as they are like women and all different :blink:

swarovski swarovski swarovski zeiss may be if you are flush smidt and bender are good but go for the austrian one

swarovski swarovski swarovski zeiss may be if you are flush smidt and bender are good but go for the austrian one

What's an Austrian one, I use S/B scopes and mine are made in Germany and Hungary.

Pete.

All purpose rifle - need and all purpose scope.

Leupold good value and do all you want 4-14 Mk4 is nice as is 6.5-20 and 8-25.

Nightforce again nice more expensive than Leup.

Optical excelence - go for Schmidt & Bender, Swarovski, Zeiss - but they are top dollar.

Swarovski only do one scope with side parallax and that's the Z6 I think, and that's mega bucks, you may as well buy a S&B PM II .

I had a chat with the guy on the Swarovski stand at the CLA and Swarovski are hoping to bring out a tactical based scope in 09.

I would think that the Zeiss Conquest would be worth looking at, are they available in the UK yet? or the Bushnell Elite range, or as Ronin has said the Leupold or Nightforce, the Nightforce is neither cheap or light!

Border barrels have just started importing IOR scopes...check out their website. I have an IOR, and its a fabulous scope. It is the optical equivalent of the s+b pm11 i have.....no that which promotes growth and vigour. It is half the price of the schmidt, and with all the features. Yep, big and heavy...but so are all "proper" long range sights.

Border barrels have just started importing IOR scopes...check out their website. I have an IOR, and its a fabulous scope. It is the optical equivalent of the s+b pm11 i have.....no that which promotes growth and vigour. It is half the price of the schmidt, and with all the features. Yep, big and heavy...but so are all "proper" long range sights.

i can all so get IOR scopes as well,

IOR Tactical Scope 1.1 - 4 x 26 Illuminated CQB

IOR Tactical Scope 1.5 - 8 x 26 Illum CQB-MP 9-Dragunov

IOR Tactical Scope 2 - 12 x 32 MP 8 Illuminated

IOR Tactical Scope 3 - 18 x 42 MP 8 Illum

IOR Tactical Scope 2.5 - 10 x 42 Mil Dot - MP 8 Illuminated

IOR Tactical Scope 2.5 - 10 x 42 Mil Dot - MP 8

IOR Tactical Scope 4 - 14 x50 Mil Dot - MP 8

IOR Tactical Scope 4 - 14 x50 Mil Dot - MP 8 Illum

IOR Tactical Scope 6 - 24 x 50 (35) MP 8 Illuminated

IOR Tactical Scope 9 - 36 x 56 MP 8 (35) Illuminated

IOR Tactical Scope 4 -14 x 50 (40) MP 8 Illuminated

IOR Tactical Scope 4 - 28 x 56 (40) MP 8 Illuminated

IOR Tactical Scope Red Dot Sight Illuminated

IOR Tactical Scope 3 x 25 CQB Illuminated

IOR Tactical Scope 16 x 42 Mil Dot MP 8

Hunting scopes

IOR Hunting Scope 6 x 42 7 A 4A

IOR Hunting Scope 8 x 56 4 A Circle Illuminated

IOR Hunting Scope 10 x 56 4 A Dot Illuminated

IOR Hunting Scope 2.5 - 10 x42 7A Illuminated

IOR Hunting Scope 4 - 14 x 50 4 A Dot Illuminated

IOR Hunting Scope 4 - 14 x 56 4 A Dot Illuminated

prices by pm

ATB

Colin

By tactical do you mean it has target turrets as opposed to hunting having flatter caps with no numbers showing?

What prices do the 4-14x50 come at?

Guys

i have a zeiss conquest 4-14x44 on my 10/22, i will use that for the time being, what about the rifle, any comments. The stock feels a little short, tips on adding a deeper recoil pad, the rifle needs some extra weight in the butt, any advice. Which model harris bipod do you recommend.

Which starter homeloading press do you advice.

I was looking at these when i thought i needed more mag & they look to be very nice scopes!

what focal plane are they in & do they do a normal fine duplex ret

cheers ANdy

Archived