6.5x47 with RS62 and N150

Swarovski1

Thanks MJR.

I've got both of them on screen shots I saved while looking.i was after real time loads.

I've tried n540 with 123gr amaxs.there max was a tad hot in mine and didn't shoot to good neither.downloaded 0.8grs and they were still poo.i am running 39.8grs of h4350 behind 139gr scenars.40grs was a tad hot too but did shoot well at 1000yds.not tried RS60 behind them yet.140gr amaxs go well on RS60 and H4350.

I've got some N150 I want to use up and some RS62 just for test purposes.

Incidentally on reloader swiss site it shows 39grs of RS60 behind a 140gr amax with a mv of 2600fps.real time that does 2900 fps in my 47.a 300 fps difference is huge.

Neil, there is no fast track to get the right load for your rifle by using someone else's go-to load. I could give my favourite load which works well in my gun and the next thing you know you've had an accident or worse still caused one to the guy next to you.

That's why I never respond to QuickLoad requests. I won't be responsible for someone else's safety.

If you start with data in the bullet and/or powder manufacturer manuals you know you're working from a safe stand point.

I hope that doesn't sound patronising or 'know it all' but load development has to be carried out methodically and personally.

Yes I am aware of that Mark.i can't really see the point of running a load 100 to 150fps plus slower than I want or use too.i was quite surprised some of these loads were warm as published data is usually conservative and never perform as data shows.if velocities are too low I wouldn't bother that's why I am after real time info.i don't want to waste barrel life either

Swarovski, your own experience of seeing higher than expected velocity with the 140Amax should tell you something. Take note and act accordingly before you hurt yourself or someone else. Start low and work up and dont take someone elses data as being safe in your rifle.

No pressure signs with 140gr amaxs with RS60 or H4350.they are different bullets.come on guys I am not daft.if you don't get to a warm load your not done developing.

Elwood you are right accuracy is all but with a bit of extra speed even better.i dont need to run my loads on the edge.nice to know where it is though.i am just looking for accuracy nodes nearing max.someone said there 2 accuracy nodes with the 284 at 55.6gr and 56.2grs of h4831sc with 180gr hybrids.only up to 55grs at the mo.further testing pending.i can't be the only shooter on here who has made warm loads.in my 6.5 06 the primers would start flattening.this doesn't or hasn't happened with the 284.used the br'2s in that aswell

• 3 weeks later...

Archived