Nosler Ballistic Tip 55 grain .243

Austin.243

good morning,my son uses both and he prefers the 55gr as he says they seem to hit harder and do more damage and in his rifle the 55grs have an accuracy edge .he is a full time keeper and wants them down and not dragging them selves away <he has had a few chest shot with the 58gr run on a bit> just our findings each rifle is different.good luck with your choice

Terminal performance might just be a factor of bullet design-the vmax were designed for (small) US varmints-but as Phoenix finds,probably no consistent differences here,over a reasonable sample-coyote probably bigger/tougher than fox,too.

Accuracy of course might be an individual rifle preference;reasonable choice is a positive.

gbal

Hi Guys,

I'm not expecting the terminal performance to be any different, however if I find that the hit harder I'm not going to complain.

Banus02, its good to hear that your son thinks that they have the edge on accuracy, but as gbal says its all done to weather my rifle "likes" them.

I have spoken to my local shop and they dais that he has got some coming in at the end of the week.

Let's hope that there are some willing foxes which want to be the guinea pigs!

Thanks

Austin

Austin,in an environment where any of the offspring of the 240 Magnum Rimless Express H&H Apex (Predator) are likely to be encountered,extinction is more probable than species evolution,though the fox is not to be underestimated as a survivalist. :-)

g

Archived