Tikka Ctr 223-308 feed

tikkat3tac

Hi All

Just wanted to check something out with you knowledgeable folk.

I've a tikka tactical 223 non ctr version.

Would a ctr tikka bottom metal and magazine and stock from a 308 feed correctly from the magazine if put on my 223? Both being short action, I can't see why it wouldn't but I'm no expert.

Thanks

In .223 I doubt it as the magazine feed lips will be too wide and the rounds will not be held in the magazine. If it were a 308 sized case like .243, 22-250 or .260 etc it would be no problem but the magazine feed lips will not hold the .223. rounds in the magazine.

The stock will fit your rifle but the magazine will be no use, so unless you can/are willing to modify the feed lips it would not be worthwhile

CTR rifles have a groove cut in the bottom of the action, I have not looked at it in detail but believe it has something to do with the mag.

It might not fit high enough into a non CTR T3.

For a 223 one can always use an AI type mag system and 10 shot plastic magpul or AI mag.

edi

As far as I know,

Any Tikka T3 action (be it tactical, varmint, sporter, lite etc) as long as it's .308 (or uses a .30 cartridge) will drop into the CTR stock, bottom metal and mag and functional flawlessly.

This won't work with .223 without extensive modification.

Should someone wish to make their .223 T3 into a 10 round magazine fed rifle: either buy a 10 round mag from black rifle or riflemags.co.uk and use the factory bottom metal (plastic), or inlet the stock for AICS bottom metal and use AICS mags or MDT

The CTR has a slot in the action. The front of the Sako magazine sits in this. If you drop a std t3 into a CTR stock, and use the CTR dbm and sako try mag.....it won't feed....because the mag either won't sit high enough, or it won't even lock in.

Machining a slot in the base of the action is easy, but it requires the rifle to be reproofed.

Thats all in a calibre that would feed from the TRG mag.

.223 won't.

Not saying you are wrong, but...

I fitted a few CTR mag systems using my standard lite action and the fed without a problem. CTR's have their own mag now don't they? Much cheaper than a TRG.

Not so sure about the cut across the bottom of the CTR action. Maybe to position the mag?

edi

Archived