Swaro X5 - who has one ? Opinions

David Hancock

I have schmidts, March,s and night forces. The swarovski beats every one of them, in every dept, hands down.

I cannot find fault with it.

I have used the X5 and compared to the Zeiss Victory.

Both are excellent in resolution - the Swaro has a more neutral colour , where are colours are richer in the Zeiss.

The Zeiss beats the Swaro for FOV and brightness IMO... The turrets on the Swaro are the best have used - simply fantastic.

Personally - if price is any sort of factor - the Kharles 6x24x56 ( 34m tube) is optically up there with the Swaro, but with a far biger FOV and also about £500 cheaper.

Just a thought

S

David,

From observational experience when you get to this level of scope it will be what your eyes prefer, Zeiss, Swaro, S&B, March, Kahles etc. do not normally make poor scopes or glass.

You are talking a lot of money so get behind each of them or at least the two that you think lights your candle :)

IMHO do not put too much sway in online/publication testing, it's biased towards each persons agenda.

Brgds Terry

I have schmidts, March,s and night forces. The swarovski beats every one of them, in every dept, hands down.

I cannot find fault with it.

In that case, it's on my shopping list... Thanks Dave.

...an interesting review I've just read...

http://www.scout.com/military/snipers-hide/story/1560301-swarovski-x5-long-range-hunting-scope

Archived