My DSC1 - thank you

David Hancock

Thank you to those who offered advice and support. A very intensive four days with some oh Sxxt moments and reinforced learning / totally new stuff.

Does it make me qualified to go Rambo shooting deer - No. Does it make me appreciate respect for my quarry, the environment and the process - hell yes.

Is it a worthwhile course for all fox shooters and those wishing to improve their technical / professional standards - without doubt

Think you can ace it with a three shot screamer at 100m - try it when you are being observed and your heart it thumping out of your chest. New experience for me.

My thanks to those involved and supporting me. #humblethanks

Well done on passing. I did mine a few years ago and learned a lot and enjoyed it. The shooting was horrific, being watched and driving hail/sleet which concentrates the mind a bit. As to cost the Deer Iniative and some other organisations sometimes run courses at considerably less than £300 if you keep a look out.

David.

Well done in passing I did mine in two days the shooting on range was the easy bit I failed the meet hygiene and had to go back and re sit it then passed.

My problem with this is thers not enough hands on training theres people passing this who have never shot a dear lett alone groliked and transport off site.Then they get a dear slot on thier FAC when I did mine I honestly couldn't tell them how many dear ide shot only how many park culls and the realy trickery memrable stalks.

The training should include hands on with a dear carcus not just slides and show and tell thers no way just because you pass your DSC1 you should go off and stalk without a guide in my humble option.

Archived