CZ 455 .17 HMR

Just bought a second hand CZ 455 HMR . nice gun with a few upgrades but trigger is dangerous and gun wont cycle with the ten shot mags but its ok with the 5 shot mag, should I return this gun . the shop quoted me 8 weeks to get a trigger spring ! but I know I could get one sooner

good evening,i would take it back,there are thousands of these rifles about .sounds as if it belonged to a tinkerer if the trigger is unsafe and it fails to feed from 10 round mag,it may be a faulty magazine though.but I would get rid of it sounds like the rfd just wanted to get rid of what sounds like a bodge job.

8 weeks?

Yodave trigger kit, a week to your door from Canada(I think)......

Just a thought? How do you stand in regards your certificate. If you buy a firearm that's not fit for purpose and demand your money back, do you have to get a like for like variation to replace it? or is there another way round it? Like for instance the RFD removing the returned firearm from the certificate?

you know I could easily get a kit from RFMAGIC for 15 pounds but its not really up to me to fix it ... it is a nice gun in a laminate boyds stock . ( bedded I might add ! ) why someone would bed and HMR I don't know .. but its a nice gun ... there is two 10rnd mags and it wont cycle with either but 5rnd is ok ...

Just a thought? How do you stand in regards your certificate. If you buy a firearm that's not fit for purpose and demand your money back, do you have to get a like for like variation to replace it? or is there another way round it? Like for instance the RFD removing the returned firearm from the certificate?

exactly my thoughts ! I would think I could call the police and get it cleared to simply return it . but would have to be done ASAP or else its a new variation ..

Are you sure it's the spring at fault? I put very light springs in 3 cz's with no dramas. Put the wrong shim in out of the diy kits and the trigger sear won't engage. Has it got after market shims in do you think? If the trigger takes the same springs as a cz452 I can send you a few to try.

Drum

Are you sure it's the spring at fault? I put very light springs in 3 cz's with no dramas. Put the wrong shim in out of the diy kits and the trigger sear won't engage. Has it got after market shims in do you think? If the trigger takes the same springs as a cz452 I can send you a few to try.

Drum

yes its got aftermarket shims ... the gun will go off with a knock on the ground ! .. they tried to tlell me it was a 200pound custom trigger in it ! lol ... nearly wet myself !!!

yes its got aftermarket shims ... the gun will go off with a knock on the ground ! .. they tried to tlell me it was a 200pound custom trigger in it ! lol ... nearly wet myself !!!

No !!!!!!!!

Interesting. I'd like to know the answer to that for my own knowledge.

Personally, I would reject the gun under the Consumer rights Act. Stuff like this Sxxts me. They should work out of the shop. Period.

Let us know how it ends up

You know its a mate that runs the shop so I should have no issues. But he said you saw the gun before you bought it ! and yes I did and I knew the trigger was light but out in the field it went off twice before I was on target . and did a test with knocking it on the ground and it went off !

and also wouldn't cycle with the 10rnd mags

sorting it out yourself with be much less hassle. if you take it back you will need to do a one for one variation ,dont know about your end but here thats 8/10 weeks.trigger is as you know easily sorted and the mags could just need adjusting by stripping and tweaking the follower ,i had to do this on a five shot mag on a new 455 took about ten minutes

sorting it out yourself with be much less hassle. if you take it back you will need to do a one for one variation ,dont know about your end but here thats 8/10 weeks.trigger is as you know easily sorted and the mags could just need adjusting by stripping and tweaking the follower ,i had to do this on a five shot mag on a new 455 took about ten minutes

I have to agree - it's a 5 minute job at most to knock the pins out and remove the shim to render the trigger safe again.

perhaps you should seek advice from trading standards,if the rifle goes off as you say .you may kill some one or damage property etc.take it back ,get a full refund ,wait for a one for one variation,buy another rifle from a reputable gun shop,any rfd selling substandard/not fit for purpose should be investigated,inform you flo immediately

perhaps you should seek advice from trading standards,if the rifle goes off as you say .you may kill some one or damage property etc.take it back ,get a full refund ,wait for a one for one variation,buy another rifle from a reputable gun shop,any rfd selling substandard/not fit for purpose should be investigated,inform you flo immediately

I think they are reputable , im not in any way slating them , and I knew it was a light trigger before buying , just not that light .. but I didn't know it wouldn't cycle

I think it's reasonable to ask them to replace or sort the magazine. I'd just remove the shim or have them remove it rather than return in and go through the faff of a 1 for 1.

I think it's reasonable to ask them to replace or sort the magazine. I'd just remove the shim or have them remove it rather than return in and go through the faff of a 1 for 1.

Agreed .. more trouble than its worth

They sold you something that was not fit for purpose.

You as a customer have rights.

They as a gun shop have a responsibility .

If this was the USA and the gun went off and hurt someone, the shop would be sued for millions.

By the way, if a mate had that attitude towards me, he'd be an ex mate.

IF you let the dealer walk all over you they will continue to sell dangerous guns to others who may not be as lucky as you are/were. you owe it to your fellow shooters to take the rifle back or call trading standards.if you sold an unsafe rifle do you think a fellow fac holder would just say its ok I will pay to get it fixed or say I will just use it as I feel lucky. don't let this rfd get away with unsafe practices.i know you are in Scotland and rfds may be a bit thin on the ground but take it back .DONT TINKER that's how this rifle became dangerous.

Or take 5 minutes to remove the shim while you have a brew.....

second hand gun from a shop has to have a warranty cant remember if its 3 or 6mths

unless they said and you agreed that the dangerous trigger or any other malfunctions was fine then its covered Money back or Repair to safe

But you will need to do a variation and all teh Time wasted to do that there is no other way of changing the fire arm on your ticket

The rifle will go back next week when i return from work , they agreed to get me a new one ..CZ455..

And so they should

fancie the 20'' barrel but is there a point ? iv read that 17hmr optimal barrel would be 18''

Archived