New Tikka T3X - !!!!

I went to the Beretta Gallery the other evening to preview the new Tikka.

I have to eat humble pie and say I like it. The synthetic stocked modular / interchangeable grip and forend feels good, the bolt is slick and the wider port facilitates reloading from the top.

It will have to be `kin amazing as I find my old model T3 SV faultless :)

As above, have 2 SV's but the new rifle just looks a bit cheaper?

Opted for a TRG just to get something different.

I took delivery of a new Tikka T3x Sporter in .223, 1 in 8" twist, 10 days ago. It is very tasty but, unfortunately unused so far. No range allocation until June 1st; can't wait.

I bought the Super Varmint in 222 cal.

I'm just waiting on a bore guide to arrive as i don' want to damage the throat by not using one.

I have my Leupy 8.5-25 x 50 on top sitting in Sportsmatch mounts.

I can't wait to run the barrel in and see how it shoots.

All the best,

Neil.

jto,where in the country are you? did they have any 6.5x55?

I'm in Dorset. My rifles were special order, with 1-in-8" twist in the .223, and longer barrels and set triggers in both. Contact GMK to find your local dealer.

I ordered two T3 Super Varmints in .223 and .308 last September. They turned up last week, with T3X stamped on them at no extra charge.

8 months lead time? Wow, my last two were just under the 6 months quoted periods, but now awaiting for my TRG ordered mid April 2016.

Going for the longer barrel?

No, the standard 26" barrel as its a fixed stock. The folding stocks one with the slightly shorter barrel....

I did start to worry at one point as to the barrel length, but found the above lengths confirmed somewhere...

No, the standard 26" barrel as its a fixed stock. The folding stocks one with the slightly shorter barrel....

I did start to worry at one point as to the barrel length, but found the above lengths confirmed somewhere...

Didn't know that; though the standard stock was available with either length! Silly me.

I've got the 26"; very happy with it!

Didn't know that; though the standard stock was available with either length! Silly me.

I've got the 26"; very happy with it!

A quick sanity check to GMK via the RFD and my order with the fixed stock in my order is for 26" barrel, now resting comfortably...

Apparently the Sako & Tikka factories, only send out confirmations to the RFD's upto around 7 weeks prior to the manufacture date.

Archived