11 twist 22-250

farmer t

I would think 65 grain bullets would would work maybe even 69 grainers for which would be better for 300 + than say a 50 grainer , in my 12 twist 223 it would shoot 65 grain bullets well enough for 200 yard foxes . I wonder if it would shoot the new sierra tmk ? Worth a try if looking to streatch its legs . Someone posted about these and are having great results with them . Cant remember who tho ... Atb tim

What throat length has it been reemed for? If its soley for fox ,at 250 speeds I'd use anything between 50'and 60 grainers , in fact , a bullet that's not used much or ever really talked about is the nosler 60 G ballistic tip . compared to the Vmax 60 it has a boat tail , is probably more consistent in quality too.but seeing as you did ask what bullets would be stable , deffinatly 65 and maybe the 69 depends what you fancy shooting I suppose , atb tim

Choose the lightest bullet it will shoot. You will need all the velocity you can get from so short a barrel. Someone has castrated it.

If it will shoot a 40 grain v-max, use that. It will be flat shooting and pretty useful at night.

Archived