Folks I am sorry to ask a dumb question. What is the difference between the 2 mounting systems? Can I for instance use picatinny rings on a weaver rail?

many thanks

David

David

Please find below a post I copy from one of Ronin's recent replies

A Picatinny Rail or 1911 rail is a mounting system designed as a standardised method for fitting military equipment to rifles, pistols etc.

The rail is usually one piece and fastened to the reciever by two or four hex screws. The lug slots are spaced at 5.2mm intervals and are a very strong method of mounting large scopes to rifles.

The weaver system is a similar design but in some cases the slots are slightly smaller and not interchangable.

(A picatinny ring set will usually be too large to fit into a weaver rail - but a weaver ringset will fit a picatinny rail)

Hope this helps

Cheers Steve

Stevie,

I reminded another member when they made the same mistake as you have made :P

A 1911 is a pistol, 1913 refers to Piccatinney rails :(:D

Ian.

Hi Ian

I'm sorry dude, :P I didn't really know I only copied it from another previous post. But glad we managed to clarify it for SE & me. lol :)

Cheers Steve

DArrel

if you remove scope and replace, use a torque wrench and place rings back in exactly same spot as previously mounted this helps in repeatability.

Thanks for your replies. I am after a one piece mount for my browning A-bolt but so far I have only been able to find a weaver rail. Could any one tell me if there is a company that makes a picatinny one piece rail or will a two piece mount be just as good?

cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Archived