6 BR mag feed?

I guess this one's aimed at Baldie really, but if anyone else knows the answer do tell ;)

Has anyone made a 6BR mag feed yet or even seen one? I know it can be done as there's an article on 6BR.com, but has been done with satisfaction in the UK?

Seen it feed from a mag on 6mmBR.com

Could not say which mag system it was.

Guess a longer bullet will feed better than a lightweight short one.

I would think that the feed ramp angle of the rifle / magazine relationship was critical with such a large step up.

Wouldnt like to get a 22BR to feed ;)

I do recal Baldie posting a while back that he had done one successfully.

Wouldnt like to get a 22BR to feed ;)

I have one that does B)

I thought I read that it's easier to get the short lighter bullets to mag feed rather than the long heavy ones.

I will admit that in my 22BR I only ever put three in the mag and every round so far has cycled, kiss of death!

Hi there chaps,

my M590 L/H Tikka (6BR) feeds very well, I have both 3 and 5 round magazines and have had no problems. I think it is more difficult with remington actions.

best wishes,

Finman

Talk about coincidence !

I finished the magazines for my own just yesterday.One thing that i, and i,m sure, others didn,t spot, is the guy on 6mmbr is using 5 round mags, which i believe have a shorter spring in them than the ten round mag [short, as in not full width] the AI 10 round has a spring which is almost full width, meaning only a small spacer can be fitted. i fitted a 3mm thick aluminium spacer to my mags, and they feed ten rounds of 6mmbr with a 90 grain scenar, absolutely flawlessly, from any position in the magazine, whether you push them to the back, up to the front spacer, or anywhere inbetween.This should , in theory, replicate, round positioning under recoil, which tends to make them move forward under recoil. There is a crucial point in there, that determines whether it works or not........and i,m not telling. :)

The rifle is finished bar another coat of oil on the stock, and maybe another good barrel buffing.It will be shot in on saturday, and hopefully a load good enough to take it to the fly shoot at diggle on sunday.....for shits and grins... ;)

Any rifle that feeds from a central position is worth a go with.

Talk about coincidence !

I finished the magazines for my own just yesterday.One thing that i, and i,m sure, others didn,t spot, is the guy on 6mmbr is using 5 round mags, which i believe have a shorter spring in them than the ten round mag [short, as in not full width] the AI 10 round has a spring which is almost full width, meaning only a small spacer can be fitted. i fitted a 3mm thick aluminium spacer to my mags, and they feed ten rounds of 6mmbr with a 90 grain scenar, absolutely flawlessly, from any position in the magazine, whether you push them to the back, up to the front spacer, or anywhere inbetween.This should , in theory, replicate, round positioning under recoil, which tends to make them move forward under recoil. There is a crucial point in there, that determines whether it works or not........and i,m not telling. :)

The rifle is finished bar another coat of oil on the stock, and maybe another good barrel buffing.It will be shot in on saturday, and hopefully a load good enough to take it to the fly shoot at diggle on sunday.....for shits and grins... :D

Any rifle that feeds from a central position is worth a go with.

See ya sunday dude ;);)

You coming to kill the flea? :)

I,m after the hatrick this year, hit it twice last year, and shot its lips off the year before ;)

Great fun.

Archived