Macmillan

hi as chris said I would check out staff synthetics stocks I was looking at them at the shooting show absolutely fantastic stocks I have mcmillans on three of my rifles but the next stock will be a staffy and your supporting a uk business and you wont be waiting a year regards dave.

I have a Macmillan on my Annie 54 MSR, nice stock but the inletting wasn't right, nothing major and I fixed it with a drill press and a dremel, but annoying all the same. I think there is a fair variation in the Anschutz models, make sure they know which one you have if you go that way.

I have another 2 Macmillans on my Sakos where the inletting was spot on.

Hi what was swaying me towards the McMillan stock was that I thought it would be an off the shelf stock and there for the price would be reasonable looking at the jacksons web sight they are as expencive as sss stock so I may well be going with sss as I have already been in contact with them unless anyone nows of a cheaper alternative?

Hi,

Another vote for SSS.

Danny's easy to deal with, and a decent enough bloke. The Web site does not reflect his work and you'd be amazed at the number of different types of stock he makes.

He did a top job bedding my PH M87 into a Mcmillan A2 stock and is currently fitting one of his stocks to a T3 CRT for me.

If you are going to the trouble of having a "glass stock made, seriously think about having it bedded too. It really is worth the money in my humble opinion. Especially given how much you can save on import duty by buying British. ;-)

Archived