Muzzle crown and thread protector

When I picked up my little CZ 17 the other day it came with the usual thread protector but it got me to thinking that's there more to protect on any rifle really namely the crown which we know is open to damage quite easily. I,d not seen anyone think of protecting this other than to just leave a brake or moderator screwed on so I "knocked up" this simple cap this afternoon which protects all.The muzzle crown is way down out the way and the hole plenty big enough should one stupidly forget the fitted cap! I would imagine something like this may be cheap to add on to a build by a smith and made to a higher standard of course,,,what do e think?,,,,,,,,,O

IMG_0250%202_2.jpg

IMG_0252%202.jpg

IMG_0257%202.jpg

I think it's a great idea, perhaps knurl the outer? I'm not sure on the risks of storing a rifle muzzle down, I always store them muzzle up and shotguns muzzle down, but I'd like to be able to do that, so that I can fit more into the cabinet.

This little gizmo would allow me to safely do that.

Nice idea O , one day i will get a lathe . Id imagine that a smith would charge a little more for these than a normal thread protector . Atb

• 2 weeks later...

Archived