Any actual users of Vortex HS-T 6-24 SFP?

Chris-NZ

I'm tempted by one of these for a new toy that's nearly ready, namely a 6BR varminter.

I don't know if I want to stump up for another NXS so have been pondering other options. It's largely going to be a varmint gun but I fancy playing with it at times on F-class targets up to 600yds. If it were just varmints, I could live with an 18X top end but it's really not enough for target work.

So, as the thread title suggests, I want to know from actual users their thoughts about the Vortex. I'm most concerned about the turret repeatability.

thanks guys.

I haven't looked through that particular model but I do own a Viper PST 4-16x50 (SFP) with the MRAD ret/turrets, which aside from magnification is going to be pretty similar. I've been pretty impressed with the scope, which went first on a CZ550 Varmint and now sits on my Steyr Elite in .308 cal.

The glass is decent (although it does seem to suffer at low light when compared with a Zeiss Duralyt I had previously) and build quality is good. The turrets have been reliable and accurate so far. I've only tested out to 500yds (with a 100yd zero) but it works well so I see no reason why it shouldn't do the same at longer range.

Everyone knows 'you get what you pay for' where good glass is concerned but for those on a bit of a budget Vortex offer a reasonable alternative, in my opinion. They also do a cracking lifetime guarantee...

I have an HS-T 6-24x50 in SFP with MRAD turrets. When I was setting the rifle up and gathering data for calculations I did some testing running up and down the turrets, and found them to spot on. If there was any error, it was within how accurately I can shoot. I was impressed with how positive the clicks are, have had cheaper scopes with turrets that were a little....wishy washy...when it came to adjustments. The return to zero feature is basic, but reliable.

Very chuffed with it for the price. Seems pretty robust too, as I've dropped and bashed the rifle more than I'd care to admit - and it's never complained.

Thanks for all that.

General picture sounds good. The clarity was pretty decent when I looked through one and the clicks felt better than a Sightron S-III I once played with.

I've discovered I've got access to Leupold at 45% off US retail but don't know how viable importing it will be, esp the GST on arrival :( Obviously can't do any serious "tactical" model due to ITAR but a VX3 8.5-25 LR might be suitable. Need to check that out more.

Have used a VX3 also, probably better glass wise, but I can't fault the Vortex otherwise. Only minor niggle is the magnification ring is very stiff to move, I suspect it'll loosen up over time. I've got a throw lever for it on the way anyway.

Archived