17 hmr rebarrel

banus02

thank you big al,the only downside is dealers know there are ammo issues with the 17hmr and offer very little for the rifle,iwas offered £70 rifle sak mod against a new £765 rifle and my rifles are looked. after , this is the problem .cz 452 American by the way

thank you big al,the only downside is dealers know there are ammo issues with the 17hmr and offer very little for the rifle,iwas offered £70 rifle sak mod against a new £765 rifle and my rifles are looked. after , this is the problem .cz 452 American by the way

Can you not sell it privately?

How good is 22 WRM ammo these days?

I've had three,including Anscutz,and H&K,and none were very accurate,at least with the 3 or 4 brands of ammo available.Not 1 moa,maybe 1 1/2. A 125,maybe at a stretch a 150y rabbit rifle. But at 150 you are really in need of somethng else (cf)...maybe the 17 HMR was 25 yards better than that,ammo issues apart.

Seems the 22mag may not be a great substitute-less range and less accuracy,unless it's ammo has improved.Most tests back then had very similar results to my three.As it's name and case suggests,it's really an improved 22 lr,and at tthat it's just OK though not much is bettter fun on a row of tin cans in semi auto!)

gbal

good afternoon,i think I will stick with the 223rem may cost a bit more to run but a least I know its accurate and I can ,at the moment at least get bullets to reload :) and just clean and store the 17hmr in cases some good/usable ammo actually arrives in the uk :D

I have a Sako quad in wmr,

Shots ragged holes at 100yd where i zero it.

Point and shoot to 120 on crow rabbit sized targets

Learn your drops and it's no different to any other, easily enough to shoot out to 150

Best part is foxes inside 100yds really don't like them.

33gr remington accutip is what I use but I would like to try some vmax

Archived