which thermal?

JDBenelliM1

In the market for a thermal spotter.

Top of the list is the HD38s but are these now out dated by the XD range? They are just out of my budget but wondering if the extra expense id worth it?

It will be used for spotting foxes from 100 - 500m, maybe a tad further. The XD19s looks like a good option but not sure if the small objective will give the performance I'm expecting. Anyone used both the 38 and 19 that can say what actual differences in the field are like?

Any thoughts / advice very welcome.

JD

Ive got the original HD38, the model prior to the S great piece of kit. I wouldn't spend the extra on the XD range, it's only a spotter at the end of the day. Mine will spot heat signature easily at the range your looking at.

Even with thermal atmospheric conditions will affect its performance.

With Christmas coming up I'd keep your eyes open for a second hand unit.

Ive got an XD38 and the extra facility allowing you to change the colour of the heat source is useful as you can flick through the different colours to find which one suits best what you are scoping as this can change depending on climatic conditions.

You could do a lot worse than the Ward WT-37 from NV scopes

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/ward-wt37-thermal-imager-monocular-c2x14732163

He has a Black Friday Cyber Monday deal running where you'll get 10% off the advertised price which would bring it down to £2155

Use the code BLACK10 at the checkout

Performance is the same as the HD38, but the WT37 has built in video/still recording and the build is bombproof

Cheers

Bruce

You could do a lot worse than the Ward WT-37 from NV scopes

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/ward-wt37-thermal-imager-monocular-c2x14732163

He has a Black Friday Cyber Monday deal running where you'll get 10% off the advertised price which would bring it down to £2155

Use the code BLACK10 at the checkout

Performance is the same as the HD38, but the WT37 has built in video/still recording and the build is bombproof

Cheers

Bruce

A review on the wt37 would be good.

Archived