waterproof rifle cover for a couple of quid

ds1

Don"t know who else has done this but a simple idea - waterproof rucksack cover stretches over my DTA,, bipod and still allows use of the sling.....any camping shop should have them.

I find it useful when I have to carry the rifle any distance and the gucci but heavy tac ops drag bag or Eberlestock rucksack are too heavy and bulky. In fact for tactical comps this plus a small rucksack or large bumbag takes some beating.

The proper version is a Tab Gear rifle cover which I will get eventually, but for now cheap and cheerful has worked against rain, snow and sand.

http://s111.photobucket.com/user/davids-s1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/DSC_0188_zpslozqavzh.jpg.html]DSC_0188_zpslozqavzh.jpg

I had this idea a few years ago - a basic cover to put over rifle as it stood on its bipod behind the firing point.

I had an old pair of goretex dpm trousers - took them apart and got Mrs Breacher use the fabric to run up a basic rectangular cover open on one side. Popped it over and passed a littlle QR buckle through to keep the wind from blowing it away. Worked a treat.

I made up a small batch of about 20 if I recall - they sold but slowly.

Have got someone making me a prototype I talked about it a yr ago never got round to getting it done, I'm hoping it works and can be manufactured....will see, as soon as I get pics I will keep you informed.

Sorry - cannot find photo and long since gave away the prototype as a gift.

It is easy - buy nylon dpm waterproof material from a haberdashers ( or use goretex from a surplus jacket / trousers )

You simply cut to length of your rifle - fold over lengthways and sew on three sides.

It drops over your rifle from the top.

Sorry - cannot find photo and long since gave away the prototype as a gift.

It is easy - buy nylon dpm waterproof material from a haberdashers ( or use goretex from a surplus jacket / trousers )

You simply cut to length of your rifle - fold over lengthways and sew on three sides.

It drops over your rifle from the top.

I'm going to give this a go ( or rather the wife will) IPK sheet, cut to length of rifle folded over the top and sew both short ends should do the trick. I'll update as and when

I'm going to give this a go ( or rather the wife will) IPK sheet, cut to length of rifle folded over the top and sew both short ends should do the trick. I'll update as and when

Thats it !!

My prototype was goretex only because the trousers were £1 in a charity shop. Not sure my rifle needed the breathability :-)

I might get herself to run up another one at some stage now that winter is upon us and i am doing more highseat than stalking.

Archived