bushnell elite 6500 tactical.trouble

exmarksman9870

Well to cut a long story short...wont hold zero..wont track..POI moved 7 inches with 2 clicks..! Sent it to bushnell uk who sent it on to germany...they say .there is nothing wrong with it... the rifle has been tested with other optics before the scope was sent and is tack driving easy so its not the rifle ...what do i say to them..how do they test the optics ? ... feel like im getting messed about...

post-11466-0-08507500-1444861355_thumb.jpg

I had a similar problem many years ago. A combination of a Remmy receiver, Warne rings and bad alignment meant the scope is put under tension when all tightened down. You can check this by just fitting and tightening down the rear mount with the scope, then present the front ring (just half) and note the alignment.

The issue goes away when the scope is removed from the rings as the tension is removed.

If it is the above, bed your base and get some decent rings.

Edit to add my scope was a bushy elite too.

Iv just picked up a new rifle on Tuesday , i had dasher man lapp the ring bases to be sure theres no twisting / distortion . As the mounts were 2 piece like your warne jobbies , i normally allways get 1piece to ovoid this very problem . But couldn't get one .

• 4 weeks later...

Thats good , shame they didn't pick up the fault the first time round !

Archived