is there such a thing....

joed

I have recently advertised a lot of my gear for sale elsewhere after needing to pay for some essential repairs to my roof and was slightly gutted to have to sell.

In particular my .308 as I had custom work done, which cost a lot but would never be recouped in a used rifle sale....

As it transpires and after some tactical accounting I think I can keep the .308, I have however sold the S and B scope that was on it.

What I am looking to do is stick a scope back on it so I can get back out stalking, problem is lack of funds...so my real question is, is there a scope which will actually stand up to recoil of a .308, hold zero and give me a decent picture with good light transmition for a low price, I was thinking of a simmons wtc, had one on a .22rf... any other suggestions or am I dreaming!

I have recently advertised a lot of my gear for sale elsewhere after needing to pay for some essential repairs to my roof and was slightly gutted to have to sell.

In particular my .308 as I had custom work done, which cost a lot but would never be recouped in a used rifle sale....

As it transpires and after some tactical accounting I think I can keep the .308, I have however sold the S and B scope that was on it.

What I am looking to do is stick a scope back on it so I can get back out stalking, problem is lack of funds...so my real question is, is there a scope which will actually stand up to recoil of a .308, hold zero and give me a decent picture with good light transmition for a low price, I was thinking of a simmons wtc, had one on a .22rf... any other suggestions or am I dreaming!

What do you call 'a low price'? BTW.. I wouldn't put a Hawke on a freakin air rifle!!

hi joed just lent my spare mk4 to a friend who has returned is scope, I would have lent it to you till you get back up and running, bin there know what its like, come on guys someone out there must have a scope to lend a fellow shooter good luck joed dave.

Try Falcon. I just bought one of their new (re-engineered and better) M18 target scopes, and optically anyway, it outperforms my VX3. It was bought to try with my 308 and so far has been faultless, tracks well and has excellent resolution, a FFP milhash ret and 1/10 milrad target turret adjusters. How they do it for the price is beyond me. It also betters my Bushnell Elite by some margin. Jury's out longer term. We'll see how it stands up but for a stand in, at £280 it is an outrageous bargain. In use, it gives away nothing to some much more expensive scopes I use.

The hawke endurance range (i thimk the newer ones are now side focus) are very different from the airgun quality scopes and definetly up to stalking requirements. Just don't expect the light garthering of a £2k euro glass.

Archived