well much to my disgust the mounts i was sold that looked polished out (nightforce steel mounts) have marked a second scope :mad: this is a nightforce nxs 12x 42 npr1 that was mint.it was on a 17 hornet and when i mounted it it felt tight in the mounts .see in the pic how it sits on top rather than in.up for sale at £875 no offers as i'll put it back on the hornet no box .thinking of a lighter swaro for the hornet.if you want the nightforce mounts to polish out you can have then free. pm if interested.

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

hi great scope I wouldn't get rid of scope its a cracker just get the scope polished and get get it repainted and the rings lapped in ive had worse marks on second hand scopes and had them refurbished like new cheers dave.

I would be casting a sideways glance at that rail Mike.

christ your right dave ,it looks like the mounts are off set the way its marked it.thanks very much dave your a gent.

hi great scope I wouldn't get rid of scope its a cracker just get the scope polished and get get it repainted and the rings lapped in ive had worse marks on second hand scopes and had them refurbished like new cheers dave.

its a big scope on a light weight hornet .17.the marks would not bother me but they affect sale price.

Who does that for you ?

hi the guy used to work in a laboratory in Scotland, and he did work for the labs all over the country refurbishing microscope,s and the other optical equipment he,s done 2 or 3 for me in the past but the last time I tried to get in touch with him he,d retired and gone to new zealand but I think if you asked on here their must be some one who can do it but a couple of nicks and scratches on my scope,s don't bother me unless their really bad and the scope works afterall they are only a tool cheers dave.

Archived