Blaser picatinny mount

Offroad Gary

FC08750F-7FF2-4E83-83A9-37B2EE22CA38_zps

Nice solution to blaser picatinny mounting for those who like accuracy and repeatability in qd mounts. £65 add on to an R8 mount (r93 versions also available). Whip off the rings and screw on the rail. No elevation on this one but elevated ones are available.

• 4 weeks later...

Matt, its for whacking animals at night, from either standing shots off sticks or shooting out of the window of a truck, do you think cheek or shooting position is ever going to be optimal?

it will do for me, for now, as long as it stays put.

it could probably do with coming back 1/2" or so to my eye for window shots. the qd mounts on the underside of the drone are not the best I've seen but I've clamped it up real tight, the blaser mounts as you know are 100% repeatable (98% if Gbals reading).

i might get a bar made up and ditch the picatinny rail and the mounts provided with the drone, just screw the saddle mount to the bar, and the bar to the drone, remove the pica tinny qd element entirely, then it will be perfect! would i lower it? maybe, maybe not, i'll see how i get on when i use it out of the window.

but the drone seems to be adequate for realistic night time shots at sensible ranges, in conjunction with my archer spotter it should be quite productive.

Guest Stacka

Comfy?

'Doable', but is cheek (chin!) position 'optimal'?

Blaser stocks are set up for a cheekweld with open sights. Yet another reason to despise them.

:lol::P

God sake Matt, don't upset him.....lol

He won't tell you about his Blaser tattoo otherwise ;)

Just think what you could have shot with good cheek weld

Probably no better, the 1" target in the drone at 200m was just an "apparition" behind a chunky digital crosshair. One good thing though, the bloke that designed the blaser stock for open sight shooting has the foresight (pardon the pun) to invent the saddlemount system to allow scopes to be mounted, pretty cool eh? He even specified straightpull to get over the bolt lift problems. Genius. Whats not to like?

Oh, and cheekweld is less important than with normal scopes, there are no parralax issues, its a digital picture.

Guest Stacka

He even specified straightpull to get over the bolt lift problems. Genius. Whats not to like?

Just like people who drive Audis......a Blaser is a bit like.....ooooh look at me, i have a Blaser.

Next you will be buying a Audi

If you find you need a better head/cheek position and better eye-relief then Bojan aka zruncho is no selling longer rear section rails in response to the NV user requests. I've got one with only 4 slots to the rear of the back bolt and I can get by with that ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151261839101?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

There's also a UK based seller using the same pics but they're out of stock of the long one at the moment.. in fact no items for sale at the moment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261964885444?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Price is competitive when you take the need for a Blaser base into account... the rails are well-made and I swap 'tween day and night 'scopes with no problems.

SAM_1499_zpsgpci9e6e.jpg

SAM_1498_zpslhhljk46.jpg

Now... if Tier1 had made it out of steel it would be a different story adding it to a Blaser base but then I use my Drone on my .17rem Tikka 595 too so that puts paid to that idea.

Ditching the DP's clamp rail and milling an interface for the Blaser base is certainly possible........ I've always though that Armasight could've 'lost' another 5mm height with a solid base using countersunk screws but they've "got it as low as possible" ...... yeah, if you're using a black rifle with a full length pic rail.

SAM_1500_zpsptoyuuqz.jpg

Nice one though Gary.

(I drive a 2001 Vauxhall diesel and a tatty Grand Vit 3 door by the way. :lol::lol: )

Fizz

:ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

6 kills in 2 outings, 323 paces the longest one (6" holdover, .243 55gn ballistic tips) taken from hammond quad sticks. Pretty impressed with the optical performance of the drone so far. Holds zero too between battery removal and blaser mount removal. Wouldnt trust the supplied picatinny mounts, ive clamped them up real tight.

Archived