Leica HD B rangefinder binoculars

Hi has anyone got the Leica HD B bino rangefinder binoculars if so what do they think of the ballistic set up.

When you scan something the elevation readings are always in clicks which seem to be a real pain if you are to work out the moa fast

There seem to be one ballistic setting where it will give u 1 moa intervals which is no use either

• 2 weeks later...

This does sem a little odd , personnely id use the click version , then have a drop chart in clicks with a column next to it with moa adjustment . Should always have a drop chart for back up i suppose . Nice bins , use to have a set ... :( atb

Unless you are shooting at distances in excess of 1000yds then, I don't see it as an issue?

You range a target it says 18 clicks - your scope is either 4 or 8 clicks per MOA. So you wind 4 MOA and add 2 more clicks. As you wind you count 4,8,12,16 for the whole numbers marked on your scope, then add the 2 remaining.

Or if it is 8 click per MOA then you simply count 8, 16 (2 moa) and add 2. That is as quick as you can turn the turret.

I use the HD-BS and have used them successfully in excess of 700yds.

Mike

I bought a set last August and used them all last season for stalking. If you have them set to the same click value as your elevation turret, ie 1/4moa, I can't think of an easier system. You range the target and they tell you how many clicks to come up, how can that be confusing, and why do you need to do any mental conversion to moa? Just dial in the number of clicks and shoot! Simples.

• 1 month later...

Hi Mike,

What range do you find it will still calculate the ballistics solution for you.

I find that after a certain range, can't remember what is was but about 400m or so, it stops doing the calculations.

Range finder is fine but solution not calculated.

David

Unless you are shooting at distances in excess of 1000yds then, I don't see it as an issue?

You range a target it says 18 clicks - your scope is either 4 or 8 clicks per MOA. So you wind 4 MOA and add 2 more clicks. As you wind you count 4,8,12,16 for the whole numbers marked on your scope, then add the 2 remaining.

Or if it is 8 click per MOA then you simply count 8, 16 (2 moa) and add 2. That is as quick as you can turn the turret.

I use the HD-BS and have used them successfully in excess of 700yds.

Mike

Archived