Berger 105gn VLDs

The Gun Pimp

As always, supplies of Berger bullets are sketchy at best.

I shoot 105gn VLDs in F Class and 1000 yd benchrest so I get through quite a few and I'm running low. I have a couple of thousand on back order with Hannam's (for six months) but, if anyone has a box or two they no longer need I could find them a good home.

PM me on vinceb@targetshooteronline.com if you can help - your price paid - within reason!

Yes - I have tried a few others but none quite match the Bergers in my guns.

I have some hunting ones Vince, but I'm away at Bisley until after the Imperial but will gladly sort you out then if you'd like to drop me a line to remind me.

Cheers

Dave

Vince.

Any ideas when they are getting a shipment of the Bergers? Tried the 105 amax and they were okay but not as good as the Bergers

I don't think they have a clue - mine are on back order since February.

Not Hannam's fault - they order and get what they are given.

I have been told Hannams are expecting a shipment of goods mid August . What's on it , not fully known but some stuff is coming in from the states then, so you may be one of the lucky ones

I have been told Hannams are expecting a shipment of goods mid August . What's on it , not fully known but some stuff is coming in from the states then, so you may be one of the lucky ones

Fingers, arms, legs, eyes......everything crossed!

Fingers, arms, legs, eyes......everything crossed!

Vince,I have a box with the same batch number as Baldie's,if your boat doesn't come in,or you just need a few more-I'll not be shooting them anytime very soon,as I have some hybrids to try first.

I've not tried the Hybrids - the VLDs work so well, I'm reluctant to change - unless I have to.

I've tried the Lap. Scenar 'L' bullets - they are also very good - but not as good in my rifle.

Sometimes you hit that sweet-spot with a bullet/barrel/throat combination that just works.

I was talking to Alan at Hannams (who does the company's orders) this morning re another Berger, the newly introduced 130gn 6.5 AR-Hybrid which I reckon will be a stormer in many short-throated 260s and 6.5X47 bolt-actions. He tells me that 50% of Berger orders put in a year ago are still outstanding with no forecast as to when they'll be desptached. He reckons if you put them together it would be six full-size pallet loads!

Archived