Blaser R8 6mmbr

Dac9976

I'm interested in getting another barrel for my Blaser in 6mmbr.

Has anyone had or got one?

Wanted to know how it feeds

Also been looking at Blaser match barrels but think I would need to change stocks.

Cheers

Danny.

Also been looking at Blaser match barrels but think I would need to change stocks.

Cheers

Danny.

When I first got into Blasers, I put my Match .243 in an R93 Off-Road Professional stock and went as far as opening out the channel to avoid the barrel touching when it was just canted over on a bipod. I also found out at the time that Blaser actually had 2 versions of the stock in Standard and Varmint..mine was a Varmint.

And it shot fine......but I think it was probably a waste of time and effort worrying about it! The foxer/stalker where I go in Scotland has used a Match .243 in a Professional for years and has now got a .300wm Match in another Professional stock and there's nothing wrong with the accuracy in either of those. NV scope on the .243 and a Zeiss V8 on the .300 along with one of the Blaser lightweight bipods.

He's also got another.300wm Match on an LRS2 but that's a rifle which is a lot more picky in having a stable surface to shoot off as opposed to the Pro stocks which just get on with it.

Cheers

Fizz

When I first got into Blasers, I put my Match .243 in an R93 Off-Road Professional stock and went as far as opening out the channel to avoid the barrel touching when it was just canted over on a bipod. I also found out at the time that Blaser actually had 2 versions of the stock in Standard and Varmint..mine was a Varmint.

And it shot fine......but I think it was probably a waste of time and effort worrying about it! The foxer/stalker where I go in Scotland has used a Match .243 in a Professional for years and has now got a .300wm Match in another Professional stock and there's nothing wrong with the accuracy in either of those. NV scope on the .243 and a Zeiss V8 on the .300 along with one of the Blaser lightweight bipods.

He's also got another.300wm Match on an LRS2 but that's a rifle which is a lot more picky in having a stable surface to shoot off as opposed to the Pro stocks which just get on with it.

Cheers

Fizz

Nice one Fizz thanks for the info.

Do you know if Blaser still do a match barrel in 6mm BR? Can only find 6xc.

Cheers

Danny.

I had one,accurate but it would never feed in my Lrs2 the mag was correctly marked up with the calibre but was pants.The place I bought it from was a lot less than remotely interested so I ended up going straight to Blaser and they never sorted it.Bad show really

Even if it's no longer listed it's worth asking as they sometimes make exceptions. I'd contact Blaser UK directly.

I've got a .308 jagdmatch barrel for my R8 and stock came opened up for it, but I'm fairly sure it can be done on a standard R8 professional stock.

Thanks for the replies fellas.

Don't know much about the 6xc, just had a quick read up on it. Looks a bit technical for me and I'm quite happy with the BR, components don't seem readily available either. That could be a pain.

I have asked my RFD for a price on a barrel and a stock if I need it, looking at my stock I don't think anything bigger is going to go in it. I'd rather not buy another stock.

Cheers

Danny.

Archived