Zelah - duchy shooting association

Hi guys,

Been lurking on here for a while - it's a great site with so much knowledge!

I'm already an FAC holder with rimfires and .223 for field use, but I really want to get into f-class!

Does anyone have any information on the duchy shooting association @ zelah please? Do they shoot f-class?

Are there any other good ranges/clubs I can look at?

Thanks in advance for any help guys, it is greatly appreciated!

Duchy Range is only 100 yards but its a good place to work up loads etc.

Hi John MH, thank you very much for your reply. Do you know what disciplines they shoot at duchy? Are there any other ranges within 50 miles of zelah that you would recommend? Thanks again!

Hi John MH, thank you very much for your reply. Do you know what disciplines they shoot at duchy? Are there any other ranges within 50 miles of zelah that you would recommend? Thanks again!

Google Tamar Rangers , they use Millpool , 600yds.

Are there any other ranges within 50 miles of zelah that you would recommend? Thanks again!

While technically not a range per se, I'm based just south of Launceston. Have a search on here for 'The Roundhouse Rifle Challenge' and drop me a line if you'd like to know more :)

The Duchy Range at Zelah does do gallery rifle and sporting rifle type 'competitions' shoots on Sundays. They have benches and a covered firing point at 100 yards and also has facilities for Field Target Air Rifle, Clays and Practical Shotgun. Its open during the summer on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.

hmay,

I'm a member of Tamar rangers. Two ranges are used on as regular basis, Parracombe which is 105 yars and you can shoot pretty much anything and Millpool MOD range wihch is up to 600 yards, you can shoot anything allowable on the range orders. typically 4 distances are shot per day starting at 200 yards as restrictions put onto the range by various non shooters limits close range use! Staerts 08:30 finish around 16:00-16;30. Membership is £50/year from memory, £15 range fee at Millpool, nothing for Parracombe. You can shoot as a guest twice for £20 then have to make your mind up if you want to join?

Range bookings were a bit scattered fo a while as Landmark faffed around but now sorted as most local clubs share bookings so plenty of oppertunities to shoot.

We do not shoot HME at Millpool - not worth the hassle of HME certing each time - and quite frankly no point in using HME at 600 yards! :)

Other than this all shooters welcome and the club is growing with 40+ shooters at club practices.

Brgds Terry

Archived