Range bag?

I seem to have a growing pile of kit to take to the range for both formal and informal practice. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good type of bag to get? I'm really looking for one bag that will have ear muffs, targets, chrono etc in it all the time and I just need to grab the bag and go, rather than rake about gathering stuff up and forgetting stuff.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

JCS

I just use a daysack tbh.

Admittedly, a decent one (5.11 rush 24) I can fit most things I need for a range day in there.

The back panel for a camelbak fits an A4 folder, so okay for targets

Hi John, have a look at a Jack Pyke trojan hold all, there on Ebay for about £39 and if i needed a bag for the range this one would seem to be a good size, Atb R

I've had an Uncle Mikes range bag for probably ten years ?

It gets used 2 or 3 times a week and i've never found it lacking in any respect. Built like a tank from the heaviest cordura with metal zips. Nothing on it has broke, tore or worn out. It wasn't initially cheap......but at ten years wear it was.

Mine has several items that "live " in it.

Ear muffs, Targets, stapler, chrono, several sets of allen keys, and a brownells screwdriver set. Range cards , keys , spare magazines. Then there is the ammo for the particular test guns of the day.

Its good to get there and know you haven't forgotten anything.

Because I carry a load of stuff including an 80mm spotting 'scope with 6' high tripod, my range bag is a UK forces deployment bag:

deployment-bag-lge.jpg

Approximately 100 litres; about £25 to £30 from various eBay sellers, e.g here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/British-Army-Surplus-Deployment-Bag-Holdall-Backpack-Approx-100-Ltr-Grade-1-/321735992380

...or B&M retailers.

Cheap, huge, bombproof, able to be carried as a rucksack. Ticks all the boxes.

maximus otter

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also on the look out for a nice bag, I have made a list that is laminated and stuck to my gun cabinet door to double check I haven't left anything behind, so far it looks like this:

Firearms Certificate, club ID, competency card. NRA card, BASC card

Gun

Moderator/silencer

Ammo

Bolt

Magazine

Rests, bags etc

Kestrel

Range finder

Ear defenders

Targets

Staples, drawing pins

Pens

Allen keys, tools, knife, multi tool

Cleaning gear

Chronograph

Food and drink

I will update it as I forget other items or needs change. I have at 1 time or another left each item at home. And yes including my rifle ?

I have been looking for one too. I went for a eberlestock g3, thinking it will be just the right size for all my gear and rifle.

It fits my gear and it works well in the range carrying everything in a back pack. Eberlestock make a wide range of shooting specific packs so do have a look online, plenty of videos on YouTube too.

Unfortunately in my case the pack it doesn't quite fit in the 'gun gear cupboard' at home so I am told that I will need to get rid of it.

Archived