want to compete

OK - I've no idea on that. Target shooting per se as a FAC condition doesn't require HO club membership; whether a particular range requires it is something I'm not sighted on :)

On mine it says "target shooting whilst a member of" and then the name of the club I have nominated.

• 3 weeks later...

New guidlines for issuing Condition's for Hunting rifles Now should include allowing shooting on ranges

So should say as mine

RESTRICTED CONDITION: The .260/6.5 Rifle, Sound Moderator and Ammunition shall be used for shooting Deer, any other lawful quarry and for zeroing on ranges or land deemed suitable by the Chief Officer of Police for the area where the land is situated and where the Holder has permission etc

if you dont have ranges on there of old you shouldn't be able to shoot the range with that rifle with a closed ticket

if you have Open then you should be ok as you dont need the land cleared by the COP anyway so can clear the range your self to comply with the FAC conditions

if your going to target shoot regularly you can apply for a full Target range condition

or get another rifle using Target as reason and you can still ask for it to be conditioned for Hunting as well as you have permissions

Archived