Your Favourite Fox Call ?

SWShooter

I could never get a tenterfield to work even after trying for weeks so never even took it out in the field!

Last night we were at a big hill farm were lambs up to three weeks old had been taken over the last week (we had take three foxes here the weekend before) by 3am this moring after covering a huge area on foot, three dogs and two milky vixens had been dispatched. Both vixens responded to the fox cub sounds one came steaming in, the other after a game of cat and mouse on some really steep ground for the best part of an hour finally dropped, as was the dog fox that had came up behind me and sat a good 4-500 yards out after a quiet stalk around on the wind he was to busy watching where my mate was to take notice of me which was fatal. Of the other two dogs one was seen travelling through some rough ground towards where the lambs were killed so after a hurried dash to keep the right side of the wind I got settled in the corner of a stone wall and let him come to me using rodent distress, 30-40 minutes later another large dog followed the route of the first and after a few hand calls to bring him out of the rough he also dropped.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been out twice recently after a fox which has taken two hens from some cousins' property in broad daylight. I've been using a hand held caller with no luck. Does anyone have any experience of a Primos Speak Easy Electronic Predator Calling System 3758? Or can anyone recommed something similar for £50 or under?

I've been out twice recently after a fox which has taken two hens from some cousins' property in broad daylight. I've been using a hand held caller with no luck. Does anyone have any experience of a Primos Speak Easy Electronic Predator Calling System 3758? Or can anyone recommed something similar for £50 or under?

£50 or under? how much did he pay for the chickens?

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I've had some limited success with a Fox pro wildfire bought off eBay from the States. Lately tho, Foxy isn't playing. Spotted them on the ground but they just don't respond. I think our foxes don't speak,"American". I've looked on the InterWeb and there's not a lot of sellers on this side of the pond. i'm after a reliable caller with a good remote range, and a load of calls that are relevant in the UK. Thinking of an attractor doofer too. I'm not interested in , "our call has 400 calls for coyotes", cos in my experience, my existing call, most of the calls just do not work. Anyone point me in the right direction please?? J.

Hello all,

I've had some limited success with a Fox pro wildfire bought off eBay from the States. Lately tho, Foxy isn't playing. Spotted them on the ground but they just don't respond. I think our foxes don't speak,"American". I've looked on the InterWeb and there's not a lot of sellers on this side of the pond. i'm after a reliable caller with a good remote range, and a load of calls that are relevant in the UK. Thinking of an attractor doofer too. I'm not interested in , "our call has 400 calls for coyotes", cos in my experience, my existing call, most of the calls just do not work. Anyone point me in the right direction please?? J.

Hello all,

There is no call that works every time. Some nights they will run into the call at a zillion miles an hour and other times they will ignore the same calls! I tend to use prey calls if I think they will be hungry, perhaps earlier in the evening, then fox communication calls later on. Don't know if it's right or wrong but that's part of the fun

Archived