OPTICS WAREHOUSE....................10/10

coolforgot

Theres some good advice on 10/22's & problems on you-tube !

also re:- optics wharehouse they are stocking more Vortex now that Riflecraft are tapering off their Vortex stock

also " " " are doing a good discount on IOR's at moment.

• 2 months later...

A dig at Vortex , not Optics Warehouse , availability is still unreliable , I had one on order that failed to turn up so after 3 weeks of being late I dug a bit deeper and went for a Nightforce , delivered next day .

Vortex offer an incredible warranty , all very well but if your warranty replacement is taking months to turn up then personally I have question if its worth it .

Has anyone returned a scope to Optics Warehouse just because they didn't like it?

Reading their terms on the website it says they wont do a return on anything where the box has been opened. That is actually against the rules for distance selling.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

Im considering buying an IOR scope but dont want to be stuck with it if its not as good as I had hoped. The law allows us to handle goods bought on the internet to the same level as we would in a shop before deciding if it is suitable. A quote from the rules;

"Your right to a refund You should get a refund within 14 days of either the trader getting the goods back, or you providing evidence of having returned the goods (for example, a proof of postage receipt from the post office), whichever is the sooner.

A deduction can be made if the value of the goods has been reduced as a result of you handling the goods more than was necessary.

The extent to which a customer can handle the goods is the same as it would be if you were assessing them in a shop."

Many retailers try to side step this or play dumb - are Optics Warehouse doing this I wonder?

I have bought many expensive items online in the past and returned very few but its an important cushion the law allows us which when spending upwards of £1000 I would always want.

Optics Warehouse terms taken from their website.

"The Goods in question must be returned to Us unopened within 7 days of your cancellation notice and must be received by Us in the condition they were in when delivered to you, unopened and sealed in their original packaging in a condition suitable for re-sale. Unless the Goods are faulty We shall be entitled to recover any direct costs of having to recover the Goods from you and may set such costs off against the amount to be re-credited to you.

We will only refund delivery costs if the return is a result of our error.
We cannot refund or exchange an opened item unless it is faulty, or if the item was sent to you through our error.
Please follow our returns procedure as explained: returned goods should carry a copy of the original invoice. The goods should be packaged to a satisfactory standard in a safe and relevant manner. The/our return address should be clearly shown."

Has anyone returned a scope to Optics Warehouse just because they didn't like it?

Reading their terms on the website it says they wont do a return on anything where the box has been opened. That is actually against the rules for distance selling.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

Im considering buying an IOR scope but dont want to be stuck with it if its not as good as I had hoped. The law allows us to handle goods bought on the internet to the same level as we would in a shop before deciding if it is suitable. A quote from the rules;

"Your right to a refund You should get a refund within 14 days of either the trader getting the goods back, or you providing evidence of having returned the goods (for example, a proof of postage receipt from the post office), whichever is the sooner.

A deduction can be made if the value of the goods has been reduced as a result of you handling the goods more than was necessary.

The extent to which a customer can handle the goods is the same as it would be if you were assessing them in a shop."

Many retailers try to side step this or play dumb - are Optics Warehouse doing this I wonder?

I have bought many expensive items online in the past and returned very few but its an important cushion the law allows us which when spending upwards of £1000 I would always want.

Optics Warehouse terms taken from their website.

"The Goods in question must be returned to Us unopened within 7 days of your cancellation notice and must be received by Us in the condition they were in when delivered to you, unopened and sealed in their original packaging in a condition suitable for re-sale. Unless the Goods are faulty We shall be entitled to recover any direct costs of having to recover the Goods from you and may set such costs off against the amount to be re-credited to you.

We will only refund delivery costs if the return is a result of our error.

We cannot refund or exchange an opened item unless it is faulty, or if the item was sent to you through our error.

Please follow our returns procedure as explained: returned goods should carry a copy of the original invoice. The goods should be packaged to a satisfactory standard in a safe and relevant manner. The/our return address should be clearly shown."

With distance selling the customer can return the goods for a full refund for 14 days for the simple reason they have changed their mind or even found them cheaper else where! that's law , the vendor can hang onto the money for 30 days before refunding them if they choose , returned goods must be "as new" in undamaged packaging , assuming that's how they received them, one instance when this does not apply is when goods are bespoke , ie you have something specially made to your spec such as a stock , this could also possibly be scope where you request certain turrets , reticle etc .

Consumers need protecting from rogue traders and are generally well protected but vendors seem to get a rough deal , idiot customers can cost vendors a lot of time and money.

I can't say I returned a scope to them, but I did a set of bases as they didn't fit very well and they happily exchanged them for a different type, even though the packaging had been ditched. They even contacted the manufacturer about the poorly fitting set and copied me in, the result was I then ordered a set of rings from them. Slightly different to your question, but I got a good feeling about their integrity and willingness to keep the customer sweet.

Richard.

• 2 weeks later...

IT'S ARRIVED TODAY :)

Can not wait to get it zeroed and give it a try! but I will have to do PSG this weekend then need to study for a few weekends:(

In all honesty Optics Warehouse have been very apologetic about the whole situation.

I would use them again

Archived