Long range Rim fire shooting!

Hi Steve, good little video pal. I agree with your comments about the .22LR. I sold my HMR as I didn't think, in my experience, the noise and extra 25 yards (realistically) was worth it.

Here's how my little CZ452 groups on paper with Eley subs at 135 yards

Nice vids Elliott , i liked the hmr test @200 , still got my 1517 , i use with great effect to 150 on magpies but its variable winds that play havoc . Atb tim.

Nice vids Elliott , i liked the hmr test @200 , still got my 1517 , i use with great effect to 150 on magpies but its variable winds that play havoc . Atb tim.

Cheers Tim, if I had the money it would definitely have been a keeper - lovely rifle the 1517 :)

Nice video.

When I was a teenager I used to regulary shoot rabbits at ~100 yards from an upstairs window with my father's ancient BSA Martini Model 12, with ordinary peep sights. No-one ever told me that it wouldn't work and funny old thing it worked just fine!

I had a Model 12, it was fantastically accurate. I wish I hadn't sold it. I've been toying with getting another .BSA martini,, maybe an International Mk3 and making a 22 Bench rest gun out of it.

I had a Model 12, it was fantastically accurate. I wish I hadn't sold it. I've been toying with getting another .BSA martini,, maybe an International Mk3 and making a 22 Bench rest gun out of it.

I now own that rifle, having inherited it from my father. They are indeed beautiful and very accurate. Best of all, you can still pick them up for under £200.

Archived