Am I (delete as a appropriate) over optomistic / taking the p**s / scored a blinder?

bowji john

Wife and I both put in for our FACs - on both of our applications were exactly the same requests - namely .22 (times 2); .223/5.56 and .308/7.62

We did it that way so we could share the same gun cupboard and same guns

Applications approved, but paperwork not back yet so there might be some sort of caveat on them which nullifies this question - but I'll ask it anyway.

It has occurred to me that although we put in for the same rifles - we have in effect got 2 licenses, each with 4 rifle slots and might only have to submit one licence to be filled in each time we buy a rifle - allowing us to unintentionally be able to purchase 8 rifles.

Am I right in my reasoning?

J

I have jointly held firearms. You need to establish with your FLO what he expects you to do when purchases of firearms and ammunition are made. Historically I made purchases and had the purchased rifle added to my father's cert at no charge, however recently the 'rules' evolved and both certs required to have the appropriate variation.

If you're not happy with the proposed workings of your Firearms Cert, consult BASC.

Regards

JCS

The only deletion and approval that matters is your FLO's! :-)

I'd contact him/her and clarify,as JCS outlines.

FAC authority,remember,is for the possession as specified-eg "one 308/7.62 bolt action rifle "; it does not specify which one by serial number until the rifle is bought/possessed etc.

The joint useage and storage you want is quite reasonable- your FLO should be able to accomodate this.Don't assume anything without FLO confirmation.

gbal

The moment I press 'submit' on this post I regretted the flippant nature of the title

I also found that I could answer my own question

If we are to share a cabinet then the rifles contained within should be on both our tickets

So as a result of appearing a bit foolish on this forum I have avoided a bigger mistake - that of not including the rifles on both tickets and falling foul of our licenses

for those that replied - thanks for not pouncing on me

j

The moment I press 'submit' on this post I regretted the flippant nature of the title

If we are to share a cabinet then the rifles contained within should be on both our tickets

So as a result of appearing a bit foolish on this forum I have avoided a bigger mistake - that of not including the rifles on both tickets and falling foul of our licenses

j

Not at all-the Good Lord -and FLO,in this context - giveth,and also taketh away.

Better by far to be absolutely clear- FLO is there to allow you what is lawful,given good reason etc.

I suspect not all of us would be sure that the way it's done-apparently-is to enter each authorised rifle's unique serial number on each of the authorised FACs.

As I am about to submit somewhat similar access for my son,it's been helpful to me.

I hope you enjoy exactly equal good scores. :-)

g

j

On the bottom of my FAC it says;

Condition 12. The holder of this certificate may have in his possession the firearms and ammunition held on certificates ******* in the name of ******* and ******* in the name of ******.

A similar condition will allow you both to purchase your own rifles and share not only a cabinet but the firearms themselves.

Happy days.

Hi Mattnall

I've rather kept my head down on this one - not wanting to appear to be cavalier about the interpretation of an 'only just approved' license

However it does appear to be a topic worth exploring further as it appears that many people on here have more than one license in the family

Are you suggesting that Condition 12 (which of course I have not seen as have not got my license yet) implies that rifles from 'one or more' license holders can have access to each other rifles (perhaps assuming that they have a slot for the relevant calibre)?

If so - does that section 12 actually have to be activated by the certificate issuer? which the wording you posted implies

Does anyone else out there have such a clause on their ticket?

Does anyone else on the forum have access to 'AN OTHER's' rifles (within a shared gun cabinet) as a result of section 12?

Bowji,

The condition allows me to have possession of any firearm on either of the certificates. I don't necessarily have to have the calibre etc on my FAC (although I do). I don't have to 'activate' the condition other than to get the appropriate cabinet keys and take the firearms out.

Effectively in your case this condition will allow you and your wife to have/purchase/acquire/etc your own firearms and ammunition in whatever calibres you are allowed and then to store them in the same cabinet, either one of you could take any of the firearms out (or put back) for the other. I don't think it is in the spirit of the condition that you could use each other's firearms without that other person being present but it shouldn't be much of a wording change to allow this.

img027_zpsazw9t4cb.jpg

I am in Bedfordshire and have the same condition as Mattnall which means the wife and I both have access to each others firearms which works. The firearms manager also confirmed I could take her firearms out without being accompanied by her. We are both RFDs as well which would also cover things.

Equally I know of a couple in the London area who have to have all of their firearms listed on both FAC's and also both have to apply for a variation and pay for it if something changes for either one of them.

Davy, I was talking to Eddie Broadhead a few weeks ago and your name came up, He was nothing but complimentary (honest) ;)

He did mention a crazy Dane - any idea who he was talking about?

But your post has reminded me:

The other side to this is when my brother was in the UK we both had his S2 shotgun on our SGCs, as he was the primary holder of the shotgun he sold it on but forgot to tell me, then he then emigrated about a year later.

Within a few weeks up came renewal time, and I got got the question "where is the shotgun?". "Er...", well it took a moment for the info to surface in my foggy brain but the FEO at the time was very understanding and it was removed from my records.

Archived