Nordic Arms AR15 receiver for the 10/22

• 2 months later...

Not enjoyable are they.......... :o

The small chap and myself have just walked in from testing HIS :wub: new custom buckmark out on steels.....300 rounds of fathers ammo later......

• 1 month later...

That's a pretty tricked out 10/22. Mine is not so fancy...

SquirrinatorRES.jpg

But it shoots.

These are 10 shot, 50M groups using a mixed lot of NON-match ammo from subs to hi velocity. The barrel is a twenty inch, fluted, Green Mountain, 1-18" twist. Gotta love the 10/22's, eh? ~Andrew

Fangroups50MSquirrelinator.jpg

Nemasis: This was built a few of years back. The stock action combo was my test mule for barrels but I liked the 1-18" twist barrel so much that I left it as it was to use as my personal doggin' .22 RF. It is the most accurate 10/22 I have ever shot. I have fired 50M groups with match ammo that were in the low "3's" for 10 shots. The barrel was originally designed to shoot "Stingers" or other Hyper Velocity ammo of the same ilk but never proved itself better in the 1-18" twist than the 1-16" twist. Accordingly, they dropped plans to produce the 1-18" twist in any great number. I am glad to have this one.~Andrew

PS: The only round that refuses to stabilize in that 1-18" tube is the Aguila 60 grain Sub Sonic Sniper round: No surprise there.

Archived